This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lossless RGB to BT.709 color matrix
Here are the Debug output and the video samples requested. The .avi file is the raw capture and the .mkv is the recompressed video with Hybrid. The color shift is most noticeable on the start menu and the Quick Launch icons.

Hybrid 0.2.5 (2021.04.12.1)
No error message came up. For whatever Hybrid showed up in the verbose box, please check Hybrid verbose.zip

I simply select the file Bandicam recorded using x264vfw (Ultrafast preset, No tuning, High 4:4:4 Profile, CRF 23, Zero Latency, RGB color matrix, 2 WAV audio sources) and use the "Open File" interface from the "Base" tab of Hybrid. After opening the file, I can see, among other things, the message: "Unknown input color matrix 'g' found, guessing by format and resolution,.. selecting 'pc709' since width*height > 720*576.".
I then do the configuration for the file I want Hybrid to output: x264 video, passthrough all audio, 23 CRF, High 4:4:4 Profile, i444 output color space, disabled Deinterlacing.

The resulting output file is, as in the attachments, color shifted.

Messages In This Thread
Lossless RGB to BT.709 color matrix - by antoniu200 - 15.07.2021, 20:39
RE: Lossless RGB to BT.709 color matrix - by antoniu200 - 17.07.2021, 12:40
RE: Lossless RGB to BT.709 color matrix - by antoniu200 - 17.07.2021, 12:56
RE: Lossless RGB to BT.709 color matrix - by antoniu200 - 17.07.2021, 13:16