This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encode image sequences?
Great program Selur thanks! Made a donation a while back. At the moment my workflow involves rendering long image sequences, which I then would like to encode with Hybrid. Would it be possible to add this, if it's not already possible? I see ffmpeg supports it on the CLI. It would mean I could avoid having to create large intermediate movies.
Not supported atm. but I will think about it.

Cu Selur
General question in this regard: What image formats would be useful with this?
My first thought would have been jpg and png, but I haven't worked with image sequences for quite some time so no clue what nowadays is used.

Cu Selur
(09.01.2018, 21:05)Selur Wrote: General question in this regard: What image formats would be useful with this?
My first thought would have been jpg and png, but I haven't worked with image sequences for quite some time so no clue what nowadays is used.

Cu Selur

The most common format for it would be png, tga, tiff or tif, and exr. jpg, maybe just for the preview render only in 3d apps/compositor.
Okay,.. looks like all of them are supported for processing. Smile
png: ffmpeg, Avisynth(ImageSource), Vapoursynth(vsimagereader)
tga: Avisynth(ImageSource), Vapoursynth(vsimagereader)
tiff/tif: ffmpeg, Avisynth(ImageSource), Vapoursynth(vsimagereader)
exr: ffmpeg, Avisynth(ImageSource), Vapoursynth(vsimagereader)
jpg: ffmpeg, Avisynth(ImageSource), Vapoursynth(vsimagereader)
Sadly preview with mplayer is only supported for jpeg, png and tga.
Thought about it a bit and I might be able to add support for it over the next weekend.

Cu Selur

Ps.: What OS do you use, so that I can send you a link to a dev version once I'm finished for testing. Smile
small correction Vapoursynth would need ImageMagick Writer-Reader
Problem is, unlike Avisynth ImageReader it doesn't have a lastnum/end parameter. Sad
imwri.Read(string[] filename[, int firstnum=0, bint mismatch=False, bint alpha=False, bint float_output = False])
-> left a request for it over at doom9 (https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170981)
I could work around it, by limiting the frame count through a trim-call is that doesn't pan out.
In ffmpeg you also can only set a start frame and limit the frame count with '-frames:v',...

=> okay seems like 'trim' is the way to go for now,.. Smile

Cu Selur
By the way, some image sequence could start from minus (-)
Example:
_-002, _-001, _000, _001, _002
Quote:By the way, some image sequence could start from minus (-)
Example:
_-002, _-001, _000, _001, _002
That, I won't support, since I think it's silly. Big Grin (+ it would require to make copies of all frames to make them compatible with ffmpeg/mencoder/mplayer/avisynth/vapoursynth)
I also will only support positive numbering and not hexadecimal or similar stuff. Smile

Cu Selur