This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Output file incompatibility
Hello, I've been having an issue since version 2017.10.03.1 that didn't seem to be present in version 2017.05.06.1 and prior, and it seems to still be a problem with 2018.01.28.2.

When creating an export, a file is created with the proper video/audio properties, but cannot be opened properly by certain applications. For example, when viewing the output file through Windows 10 Movies & TV, the audio will play, but the video will just be a black screen. I also have issues with importing the file to video editing softwares like After Effects, where attempting to do so prompts an error: "After Effects error: file 'name_of_file' cannot be imported - this '.mp4' file is damaged or unsupported" (screenshot included in debug package). When importing to Vegas Pro, the audio track correctly displays in the timeline, but the video track is missing. However, uploading these files to YouTube and Twitch have no video/audio errors, and VLC is able to play both the audio and video of these files. If I take the output file and run it through Handbrake, it is then usable in all of these applications.

I've included the source file and 6 different exports of it using x264, NVEnc, and QSVEnc to either interpolate or upscale the file (along with the debug logs for each export), since that's what I mostly use Hybrid for.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X_8YUY...QZD0dqKjkW

Edit: I went to Config > Output > Container Settings and unchecked Signal PAR 1:1, which made the output file playable in Movies & TV, but the video track still fails to import to Vegas Pro. Enabling FFmpeg instead of MP4Box enabled Movies & TV playback as well, but causes a sort of "jittering" effect in Vegas Pro.
Probably related to XPS, which will be optional in the next release, will send you a link to my current dev version for testing.
->Correction 2018.01.28.2 already contains the option.
Try disabling: Config->Output->Mp4 Settings->XPS

Cu Selur
(02.02.2018, 06:10)Selur Wrote: Probably related to XPS, which will be optional in the next release, will send you a link to my current dev version for testing.
->Correction 2018.01.28.2 already contains the option.
Try disabling: Config->Output->Mp4 Settings->XPS

Cu Selur

Just exported with XPS disabled and it works in everything now, thank you very much for the help.