This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Blu-Ray to x264 picture problem
Hi there, I've been using hybrid for a few weeks now to rip dvds to x264 with great results but yesterday I tried to rip a blu-ray into 1080p x264 with a crf of 18 I also tried a two pass but both files come out like this.

https://imagez.to/i/iqlQ7hOd.jpg

I ripped the files using MakeMKV. I hope you can help me with info of what's the cause of the problem.

I'm using version - Hybrid_2018.01.28.2_SETUP on Windows 10 Pro x64 - I've read through the sticky and tried to give you more info.

My system is an Intel i7 3770k, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia 960 GTX 4GB, Corsair Neutron GTX ssd

Thank you in advance
Quote:I hope you can help me with info of what's the cause of the problem.
Read the sticky,..
(06.02.2018, 19:01)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I hope you can help me with info of what's the cause of the problem.
Read the sticky,..

I've tried to fill in a bit more info to help you out, I didn't get an error the encoding went through fine but I ended up with a video as shown in the picture.
1. update your Hybrid version to the latest version
2. without a debug output of the job creation I don't know which decoder with what settings is used.
Wild guess atm. is that either the decoder has a problem with your source in general or something is interfering with the decoding.
In cast you system is overclocked this might be caused by the overclocking.

Cu Selur
(06.02.2018, 21:36)Selur Wrote: 1. update your Hybrid version to the latest version
2. without a debug output of the job creation I don't know which decoder with what settings is used.
Wild guess atm. is that either the decoder has a problem with your source in general or something is interfering with the decoding.
In cast you system is overclocked this might be caused by the overclocking.

Cu Selur

Hi Selur, I installed the latest version of hybrid yesterday and also installed the latest graphics driver but I'm still getting the same problem, I encoding all goes through ok but the picture has all grey flashing blocks on it. I have attached my encoding log. The picture under the grey flashing looks fine. I'm just not sure the cause of it.

Thank you for the help I really appreciate it.
Normal log doesn't help at all, read the sticky and post a debug output.
Looks like a problem while decoding, but without knowing the decoding call I can't really recommend anything. Smile