This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Interlace Store Method Changing Upon Conversion
Quote: Wrote:Internally mkv always saves interlaced content separated by field (in the container structure) and the actual way the content is saved in the container does differ with the field-order selection on muxing. It's not just a tag.
I'm still confused on this one. I get that it can be stored differently. That makes sense.

But FFmpeg is quite clearly just "going with the flow" and processing the file/outputting using the storage order from the source file, but then Hybrid is overwriting that when writing the tags because it doesn't know the original storage order. Otherwise, the output file would have actually changed storage order, right? The output file is still the original storage order just tagged wrong.

Can't Hybrid read the field order tag from the input file and then make a decision like "if input field order is is 1 or 9 && input/processing is bff, write field order tag as 9, else 1. If input field order is is 6 or 14 && input/processing is tff, write field order tag as 14, else 6"?

Quote:ARGH,... do !not! post links I send via PM (edited your post) or I will delete your account.

Sorry, figured dead links were permissible.

Is there no way to get older dev versions of Hybrid?

Quote:Personally I would bob the content and save it as progressive and not interlaced as more and more newer formats drop support for interlaced content altogether.

People were saying that way more than 12 years ago before QTGMC existed...yet algorithms seem to keep getting better! Smile (QTGMC just turned 12 a couple days ago apparently!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interlace Store Method Changing Upon Conversion - by Analog - 06.08.2022, 11:29