This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Subtitle vertical margin
So when I add an SRT subtitle file, and choose embed subtitle in frame, and choose overwrite ass styling, and set vertical margin to 50, when I preview it, it shows the subtitles in the position I want, but when I encode the file, it doesn't move the subtitles a little up, but rather has them at the bottom. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a reason it's on the bottom even though I choose Vertical margin of 50? I kind of want them up a little because I have hard-coded subtitles (from the DVD) in another language and I am trying to add English ones just slightly above it, but when I encode it, it puts them in the same spot as the already encoded DVD ones that were already burned on to the file. Please help, thanks!
Will look into it, but need a debug output level 9 of the job creation to replicate what you did here.

Cu Selur
Had a blind check,... seems like the .style file isn't created every time.
-> need debug output
Think I know where the problem is will try to look at it tomorrow after work,..
-> I can confirm that there is a problem with the positioning, seems like the MarginV option is ignored for some reason. Will do some testing over the weekend and report back.

Cu Selur
Go a first 'fix' for this, will send you a link to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur
The subtitle file you send me explains at least part of the problem:
Your srt file isn't standard conform. Smile
I could probably work around that, but I sill need a debug output to know if that is the only cause of the crash you encounter.
-> please create a debug output level 9 of the job creation and processing

Okay, forget that seems like the problem is just the broken format which breaks the srt->ass conversion Hybrid does to apply the additional styling.
-> will look into it over the weekend because working around this will take me a while.

Cu Selur