This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid Crashes during startup at Initializing Preview
(07.04.2018, 15:15)Selur Wrote: I'll create a modified Hybrid build which will open a shell window and display some stuff there, may be that helps.
Also may be fontconfig crashes in some way due to your additional fonts, and causes Hybrid to crash with it,..

Cu Selur
That would be awesome.. With regards to the fonts.. i was thinking exactly that... Problem is, I am not sure how to back out of the fonts I have installed.. And I just did a system restore which threw an error and would not complete.. So I am stuck now...
Removing fonts should be easy, simply browse to the fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) and delete the fonts you want to remove,...
Will send you link to test version which should output some additional stuff via pm in a minute or so,..

Cu Selur
(07.04.2018, 15:34)Selur Wrote: Removing fonts should be easy, simply browse to the fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts) and delete the fonts you want to remove,...
Will send you link to test version which should output some additional stuff via pm in a minute or so,..

Cu Selur

You beauty... It IS a Font issue.

I went into Fonts and added a columns to show the modified date.. Then I dragged all the ones I have added to a folder and deleted them.

And now Hybrid starts up!.. So either one of my fonts is odd.. Or perhaps Hybrid doesn't like too many fonts.

I am going to do some more testing and your debug version might help me pin point the specifics.

Jon
If you can pin point it down to something I can reproduce here, I can look into it further.

Cu Selur
(07.04.2018, 15:47)Selur Wrote: If you can pin point it down to something I can reproduce here, I can look into it further.

Cu Selur

Will do.. I am just testing the new version now.. But once done I will start re-adding the fonts until I hit the one (or quantity) which cause the issue.

if you don't mind sending that debug version, we can see what that shows once I re-create the condition.

Jon
Send you a link via PM.

Cu Selur
(07.04.2018, 15:56)Selur Wrote: Send you a link via PM.

Cu Selur

Just to keep you updated, its certainly font related.. But I ran out of time to get tot he bottom of the issue over the weekend.

When i deleted all of the fonts I had recently installed, Hybrid worked again.. I then added them again, and it stopped.

I then removed them all, and added 1/2 of them (with names form A-N) and Hybrid stopped working again.

I started to remove them one by one, testing Hybrid at each step.. I got to the point where Hybrid started working again and thought it may be the number of fonts installed (340 in my case), but when I added a font again, it carried on working.

So I am sure that its a specific font whihc is causing this.. In truth, my gut feel is that its more than one.

As sonn as I get home from work tonight, I will test your debug version whilst Hybrid is in its "broken" state to see what it outputs.. And I will then manually add each front, testing Hybrid each time to work out which font(s) are breaking it..

I will update you in a matter of hours.

Jon
Thanks for the effort and update. Smile
(09.04.2018, 17:37)Selur Wrote: Thanks for the effort and update. Smile

So, I am not sure if this is expected behavour, but I just installed your test version, and I saw 1000s of lines flash by in a console window..

But now the output to the console is looping.. And the app hasn't crashed.

WHen I use the scroll bars to stop the flow of test, its just the names of the fonts repeating over and over at 1000s of lines per second.

So it seems that the suspect font is just causing Hybrid to stick in a loop.

I am going to put the old version back now and start adding/removing fonts until I can work out what breaks/fixes it.

Jon

I cracked it.. And as soon as I did, I realised what was wrong, as when I installed the font, I remember thinking there was something odd about it.

The font in question is "MJ AlGhifari"... The reason its odd is that whilst its filename is "MJ AlGhifari.ttf", the font actually appears at the TOP of an alphabetical list.. And the reason is that there is a space infront of MJ.

So the font name is " MJ Alghifari" (note the space).. And its this space which appears to be affecting Hybrid...

If you want to test yourself, here it is:

http://dl.1001fonts.com/mj-alghifari.zip

To be honest, I can live without this and will remove it.. But I suspect if I look hard enough, I could find a tool to rename the font.. Infact, as hex editor might do the job.

But its something you might want to look at and fix in Hybrid if you feel its worth the effort.

Thanks for your help with this.. I am so glad I found this after playing with the fonts or I may never have worked out what broke it!!

Jon
Got the font will try to reproduce this later and report back.
(down with a flu atm.)

Cu Selur