This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid Crashes during startup at Initializing Preview
Could reproduce the issue and you were right it was due to the name starting with a white space which causes the problem.
Adjusted Hybrid to deal with that and will send you a dev version for testing in a few minutes via PM.

Cu Selur
(10.04.2018, 11:52)Selur Wrote: Could reproduce the issue and you were right it was due to the name starting with a white space which causes the problem.
Adjusted Hybrid to deal with that and will send you a dev version for testing in a few minutes via PM.

Cu Selur

Good stuff.. Thanks for that.. I will test tonight.

I am still keen to "fix" this font, as it could cause problems with other apps, but its good that such a thing is fixed in Hybrid so it doesn't affect others.

Jon
Quote:I am still keen to "fix" this font, as it could cause problems with other apps, but its good that such a thing is fixed in Hybrid so it doesn't affect others.
You can rename the font family using for example Typograf (https://www.neuber.com/typograph/download.html).
Trial worked fine here.
What I did to rename the font family
  • Downloaded and installed Typograf.
  • Selected the folder where the font was located (File->Change folder)
  • Under Preview (upper left) the new font was displayed
  • right click -> Properties (on the font)
  • 'Rename ...' allows to rename the font
  • Save the font under a new name/location
  • closed and uninstalled Typograf

Cu Selur
(11.04.2018, 15:23)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I am still keen to "fix" this font, as it could cause problems with other apps, but its good that such a thing is fixed in Hybrid so it doesn't affect others.
You can rename the font family using for example Typograf (https://www.neuber.com/typograph/download.html).
Trial worked fine here.
What I did to rename the font family
  • Downloaded and installed Typograf.
  • Selected the folder where the font was located (File->Change folder)
  • Under Preview (upper left) the new font was displayed
  • right click -> Properties (on the font)
  • 'Rename ...' allows to rename the font
  • Save the font under a new name/location
  • closed and uninstalled Typograf

Cu Selur

Already renamed it and Hybrid is working fine..  Typograf worked, but it didn't address all the instances of the name, so whiles the font appeared under "M", in the fonts directory it still had a space so was at the top.

In the end, I used a JAVA tool called "ttfedit" which allowed all of the name variables to be changed.

So I am good now.. The only problem I am suffering with is that I have jumped from a 2015 version of Hybrid to 2018.. And I am getting tons of failed jobs.. (They just finish with no error but the file size is too small and the video is trunkated).. In my 2015, I used to get a 99% success rate (occasionally I had an odd case that I couldn't explain).. Now, in the 2018 version I have had less than 20% success...

For what I do with Hybrid, I wish I had never upgraded now, as the version I had before was PERFECT.

I am going to do some debugging and if I can find something wrong, I will report it.

Jon