This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Question about HDR in hybrid.
How to set hybrid to leave untouched High Dynamic Range parameters during conversion HDR video?Second question is: do i can convert standard dynamic range video to High dynamic range(If yes.How to set hybrid to do that)?
Quote:How to set hybrid to leave untouched High Dynamic Range parameters during conversion HDR video
By default, Hybrid should read the ColorMatrix&Co values and load them in x265. (please check, since I fixed a bug a while ago there and I'm not sure whether this fix is in the current release; iirc the Matrix wasn't read properly).
Assuming the values are read all correctly:
  • needed:enable 'x265->Signaling->General Signaling->HDR'
  • needed: check that 'x265->Signaling->Video Information->Color' 'Range' and 'Matrix' are enabled (should be the default)
  • gimmick: enable 'x265->Signaling->Video Information->Color' 'Primaries', 'Video format', 'Transfer characteristics' in case they are not 'unkown'
  • needed: enable 'x265->Signaling->Video Information->Light Level', 'x265->Signaling->Video Information->Master Display'
  • for dynamic HDR-10 content provide the dynamic data info under 'x265->Signaling->Video Information->Dynamic HDR-10'
Quote:Second question is: do i can convert standard dynamic range video to High dynamic range(If yes.How to set hybrid to do that)?
Hybrid does no color grading&co, but it allows to specify the needed HDR signaling. So if you got an already properly graded content you:
  • needed:enable 'x265->Signaling->General Signaling->HDR'
  • needed: disable everything under 'x264->Signaling->Adjust color'
  • Specify the 'x265->Signaling->Video Information'-options to match your color grading etc.

Cu Selur
Im using nvenc and need settings for that.Thanks.Encoding video in 4k on cpu i takes years Big Grin.
It's basically the same for nvenc:
  • enable HDR Signaling
  • enable the HDR Signaling values
  • enable and set the settings under Video Usability Information
Again make sure to check the Color Matrix value, like I wrote before I'm not sure it's read properly in the current version.
-> will send you a link to my current dev version, which should read the ColorMatrix properly

Cu Selur
Hello ,

in fact I tried to keep HDR informations on my encode without success for now.

I used theses settings (see attached file).

My Sony A1 detect HDR content with full iso or remux but when I do my own encode , no chance.

So I did something wrong but I don't know what Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

a. normally Hybrid reads the HDR data from the input and fills the LigtLevel&Master Display info, which didn't happen in your case for some reason
b. your settings to not include LightLevel values and Master Display data so no hdr data do set
-> Can't tell you more without details, read the sticky,..