This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Telecine sync issues
I'm having issues converting some no reservations episodes. I'm pretty sure its down to the telecine but I can't get any setting through hybrid that plays ball. No matter what output I try I end up with the sync on the audio and video being out by a few seconds. I've tried the auto detect settings which see it as telecine and a container frame rate of 24.702 and stream frame rate of 23.976 but then tries to output at a frame rate of 19.7616. Also tried several other deinterlacers to see if they at least sync correctly but get a 24.702 fps output on them all. I've also tried using the speed change to see if hybrid can force 23.976 on output but no luck with that either. So not too sure where to go from here, I'm on the latest version of hybrid and theres a link to the file I'm trying to convert below if it helps:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/427a768...000/2946d1

Thanks in advance
From your description it sounds like the input isn't properly flagged otherwise Hybrid would report the file as 29.97.
-> will look at IT once I'm home from Work.
Got the file will look into whether I can write a workaround for such files,..
Your source is reported as:
Frame rate mode                          : VFR
Frame rate                               : 24.702 FPS
Original frame rate                      : 23.976
Scan type                                : Progressive
Scan order                               : 2:3 Pulldown
Time code of first frame                 : 00:59:58;00
Original source medium                   : DVD-Video
Frame count                              : 61533
Okay, problem is:
a. source is not progressive
b. source is not cfr
c. source is created by MakeMKV
d. there are 61533 timecodes
Sadly every few versions MakeMKV seems to change how it creates the mkv files and MediaInfo starts reporting something else.

In old versions MakeMKV created progressive output with pulldown and timecodes which matched telecine, so one could simply drop the time codes, assume that the input if cfr with 23.976 and be happy. Smile
But that doesn't work with your source.

-> working on it, but this will take a while. No clue how long. So you might be better off using another tool if you need to encode this any time soon.

Cu Selur
Will send you a link to a dev version for testing in a few minutes via pm.

Cu Selur
Wow thank you so much for the fast response, really appreciate it. I'll give the dev build a go now and let you know how it works out!
Right just had a chance to look through the output this time round with that dev build and we seem to be on to a winner, sound in sync, frame rate behaving itself (minus archive footage which seems to be a different frame rate but not sure much can be done about that?). Many thanks selur, token of appreciation left on your paypal Smile
Output atm. is vfr, my guess is that MakeMKV changed something else there.
Would need a small sample of the other material to see what can be done.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Thanks for the donation. Smile