This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Resize doesn't seem to be working
Question 
I am attempting to reduce the size of a video from 7680x3840 to 3840x1920.

When I select that in resize all seems fine.

I add the job and it completes but the size is still 7680x3840....

I have some other settings selected but they should not be effecting this.

I do not see a apply button in the resize menu. Is there another step I need to complete?
No:
  1. enabling 'Crop/Resize->Base->Resize'
  2. setting 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Target resolution' to the resolution you want should be enough.
If that doesn't work for you read the sticky and provide proper details which allow me to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
(18.07.2018, 19:21)Selur Wrote: No:
  2. setting 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Target resolution' to the resolution you want should be enough.
If that doesn't work for you read the sticky and provide proper details which allow me to reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur

Thank you for the reply.

I was using a version from 2018.05.

I have updated now because I wasn't quite sure if it would auto update but it seems I need to do it manually.

I did a test run in the new version and it exported the resize correctly.

Thank you for your time.
hello,

I just tried as you said & it doesn't work :-(
here is below a screenshot of Hybrid & Mediainfo of the result

https://www.cjoint.com/c/HIgo3OTboU7

regards
Sorry, the image hoster you used is blocked by MalwareBytes and my firewall. -> not going there
Also I would need a debug output of the job creation to know what you really did.

Cu Selur
hello,

would it be ok on wetransfer ?
& how do i create a debug output please ? is it just a copy/paste of the "log" panel ?

regards

[EDIT] this morning starting from scratch, it worked !
maybe yesterday, as I started to crop before, there was smthg left disturbing Hybrid...
--> Q1 : is it possible to crop & resize at the same time ?
Q2 : would it be possible to have a "resize preview" like the very efficient "crop view" ?

regards
a. Read the first lines of the log.
b. Read the sticky.

Cu Selur
You can enable cropping and testing there is no restriction in there.

Normal and Filter preview takes resizing into account.
ok thanx ! I found these info !
regards
Hi,
my previous message was about the log & debug answers you provided

Now, I'm trying to use the preview window before resizing, to see if the new size parameters fit, and... I don't see the changes in the "base" windows (quite hard to find BTW, as I thought the picture was linked to "show subtitles"...), neither in the "filtering" window : Sad

what I do :
- open Hybrid
- open a 720x480 video
- go to crop/resize :

2. setting 'Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Resize->Target resolution' --> I choose 640x480
  3. unclick "auto adjust"
- "base" -> "preview" : the picture has the same ratio :-(
- "filtering" -> "preview" : the 2 windows have the same size

what wrong do I do ?

regards