This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Resize doesn't seem to be working
Quote:so how did you know it was these digits to choose ?
Content is NTSC and clearly not 16:9 so probably 4:3, it's last physical form also was probably either VHS or DVD, so it's probably either:
a. a PAR of '38800/42651'
or
b. a PAR of '8/9'
For more details and links see: [Info] About pixel aspect ratios,..

Quote:ok when I use a filter.
but when I don't, as it's the case with the PAR example as you told me previously (as there's no 'filtering' tab) ? It's not possible ?
As long as you don't set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'passthrough' you can use the 'Filtering->Vapoursynth Preview' to check the effect. Wink

Cu Selur
hello,

I think we don't understand each other :
you told me yesterday :

Quote:When remuxing (Base->Processing->Video->passthrough), enabling 'Muxing->Overwrite->Pixel aspect ratio' to '8x9' should fix the issue.
so I was asking, in that case, how can I visualise/preview the result before starting to encode please ?

Thanx for the PAR infos - but I think I wouldn't have guessed what to choose without you...

regards
Quote:so I was asking, in that case, how can I visualise/preview the result before starting to encode please ?
easy: simple check your settings before settings video processing to passthrough,... (by overwriting the Input PAR like I described)

Cu Selur
waaooo....
clever...
i'll try this asap !

regards

EDIT : from what I understand, with this method, we can't see "without modifying PAR & no filter" on the left, and "with modification of PAR + filter" on the right
--> I just saw "new PAR without filter" on the left & "new PAR + filter" on the right
do you agree ?
Yes, I agree.
Hybrid is not intended to be used with files with broken/incorrect headers.
Hybrids preview takes the modified input PAR as base setting for the source and doesn't remember the initially detected value anywhere.
So it can't make a side by side comparison of this.
The option to overwrite the input par is just to offer users a way to handle broken input files like yours, it's not meant as a general filtering option.

Cu Selur
ok, understood !!

NOTA : isn't it strange that when I open the video with the wrong PAR, we can't see this wrong PAR in the upper-right panelĀ  ("base/video") ?
there I see "PAR = 1", so it's quite "hard" to know that it is this parameter to adjust...
it'd be great to see there that the problem is with that parameter, no ?

I see "stretch = ?" : is it related ? (I don't think so, but...)

regards
Quote:NOTA : isn't it strange that when I open the video with the wrong PAR, we can't see this wrong PAR in the upper-right panel ("base/video") ?
But you do,.. the reported PAR was 1 <> 1:1, it's just not the correct PAR for your source. -> broken/wrong headers

Quote:it'd be great to see there that the problem is with that parameter, no ?
Sure,..
The info on the right simply state the detected characteristics of the currently selected audio&video stream.
PAR 1 <> PAR 1:1 so the source isn't flagged as anamorphic which it in your case was.
-> There is no way for Hybrid to know that the PAR or your input is wrong.

Quote:I see "stretch = ?" : is it related ? (I don't think so, but..
No. The stretch parameter is there to report the stretch factor that is reported by the container. Only container which supports this atm. is mkv. So if your input isn't mkv or an mkv without a stretch factor the value is a questionmark, which Hybrid will interpret the same way as if the stretch factor is 1.

Cu Selur
Hi,

just to be sure :
after modifying the PAR from 1x1 to 8x9, during the next step (ex : cropping) I have to put PAR=1x1 again, right ?
No.
You should read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_aspect_ratio to understand what PAR means and why it isn't affected by cropping,..

Cu Selur
ok i'll print that & read it tomorrow "wenn ich in der Ruhe werde..." Rolleyes