This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] x264 doesn't encodes, even if the folder doesn't have special characters
I'm using 2018.07.16.1 Hybrid on Windows 7, and I'm having a problem, encoding images with x264.

I used a folder with no special characters, and It said the file was not created.
There is the log: [attachment=435]

Cu Inky
Encoding call:
"F:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -threads 4  -i "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_%04d.png" -frames:v 104 -pix_fmt rgb24 -an -sn   -vf scale=out_range=pc -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -f rawvideo - | "F:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x264.exe" --crf 20.00 --profile main --level 4.0 --bframes 0 --qcomp 0.5 --no-mbtree --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --trellis 0 --weightp 1 --aq-mode 0 --vbv-maxrate 20000 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range pc --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer raw --input-res 1280x720 --input-csp i420 --input-depth 8 --fps 30/1 --output-depth 8 --output "F:\teste\19_39_26_7410_01.264" -
Seems to be fine,...

a. What happens if calll:
"F:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 4  -i "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_%04d.png" -frames:v 104 -pix_fmt rgb24 -an -sn   -vf scale=out_range=pc -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -f rawvideo NUL
inside a command line?
b. Try whether it helps to enable: Config->Internals->Avisynth->Alwayse use Avisynth

Cu Selur
(29.07.2018, 19:49)Selur Wrote: a. What happens if calll:

"F:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 4  -i "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_%04d.png" -frames:v 104 -pix_fmt rgb24 -an -sn   -vf scale=out_range=pc -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -f rawvideo NUL

It says there is no such file or diretory in "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_%04d.png", and I think its because of the %04d

Cu Inky
From the debug output it seems you didn't use the image opening dialog but the video input dialog to open the file.
(04.08.2018, 09:08)Selur Wrote: From the debug output it seems you didn't use the image opening dialog but the video input dialog to open the file.

But I don't, there is an video showing what I did and the debug I created during the video in this attachment: [attachment=449]

Cu Inky
Okay, problem is this:
FFMpeg requires the first frame to be 0001 not 0137.
Which is why I asked you to:
Quote:Try whether it helps to enable: Config->Internals->Avisynth->Alwayse use Avisynth
which should enforce Avisynth usage which like Vapoursynth allows to start at an arbitrary frame number.
-> So either follow that advice or rename your files or convince the ffmpeg developers that they should change the way they accept image sequence inputs.

Cu Selur
(05.08.2018, 08:45)Selur Wrote: -> So either follow that advice or rename your files or convince the ffmpeg developers that they should change the way they accept image sequence inputs.

No... I can't rename all my files because I tried so many ways and none of them worked, and following your advice didn't worked too (debug: [attachment=460] ). So... nothing to do Sad

Cu Inky
Okay, something is off, for some reason Avisynth things the input file is named "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_%04d.png" not "F:/teste/Base N2_i1_0137.png", which is why the avisynth script fails.
(fixed locally, Hybrid tried to minimize the file name which causes the problem)
-> will look into it and send you a link to a fixed version later.

Cu Selur
It worked, thanks!

Cu Inky