This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

vfr to cfr
Hi.

How should I do if I need to encode a vfr video to cfr video?

I know I can set to CFR output through configration.

However the result, that the audio and the video had synchronize problem.

Thank you!
Sounds like your audio is also stretched or something, normally on vfr sources the audio is synched against the average frame rate which is what one normally indicates in the container.
Since that isn't the case for your source, you can either try to change the frame rate of the output, stretch the audio or use another tool which encodes audio&video at the same time.
handbrake or vidcoder should both be capable of that.

Cu Selur

Ps.: You could also try Hybrids stretch detection if your source is an mkv file.
PPs.: in cast your source is broken in any way Hybrid won't probably be able to handle it.
(can't really say much without a sample to preproduce the issue and some more details)
Thanks for your help. I solved the synch problem by changing the frame rate with encoding audio&video at the same time.

Btw, how should I do if I want to try Hybrids stretch detection?
Iirc the option for that should be under Conifg->Automation somewhere (got no PC at hand to check)
here you go: "Config->Automation->Extended Checks->Scan mkf vor strechted streams"
However, until now, I realise that the encoded video is no sound at the last 40 seconds.

It really confused me why.

Do you know what may cause it?
Defect source content would be my first guess.
Would need a sample which allows me to reproduce the issue to say for sure. Smile
(22.07.2017, 17:36)Selur Wrote: Defect source content would be my first guess.
Would need a sample which allows me to reproduce the issue to say for sure. Smile

Right, the source video has some issues.
The sample? You mean the source video or the encoded video?
To reproduce the issue I would need a part of the source which allows me to reproduce the issue.
If you know your source if broken in some way, Hybrid is probably the wrong tool. Handbrake and Vidcoder which do audio&video processing at the same time are better suited for such sources.

Cu Selur
(22.07.2017, 20:10)Selur Wrote: To reproduce the issue I would need a part of the source which allows me to reproduce the issue.
If you know your source if broken in some way, Hybrid is probably the wrong tool. Handbrake and Vidcoder which do audio&video processing at the same time are better suited for such sources.

Cu Selur

Why you said Handbrake and Vidcoder are the better tool than Hybrid to proccess my broken video?
Because as I know, Hybrid has a lot more preferences for user to set up how to encode than Handbrake and Vidcoder.

If you need part of the broken soucre, I would give you later.