This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Rename tracks help please and help with chapters
(07.08.2018, 05:37)Selur Wrote: Yes, mp4 does not support srt.
ttxt does support italic and some other simple effect, see: https://gpac.wp.imt.fr/mp4box/ttxt-forma...mentation/
Hybrid dos simply remove all html tags since most players I encountered to not support them and instead of showing bold content as:
content they would show
<b>content</b>

I never realized before, and I tested Cinderella (2015), and the italics at the beginning worked fine.  I had used my mp4boxgui to add the .srt file into the .mp4 file, and the subtitles never had a display problem, so I didn't realize it.  Unfortunately, Mymp4boxgui also changed the audio track names, which just led to a whole bunch of other things.  It was just weird when I used Hybrid, and the .srt file, and then it did not display italics correctly, when I was used to it working.  Not complaining, I like learning, but there are many things I have learned throughout this whole process.

Quote:
Quote:How do I do that, as every time I click on the Open File button if there is a source already loaded, it crashes Hybrid?
What? That should not happen.
Would need a debug output level 9 to know whats happening there.

I was a bit incorrect in my understanding, just since every time I had tried to open a file, I already had Hybrid open, but just now set the logging to level 9, and then realized it only happens apparently, AFTER a job has been completed, so I opened a file, did a job, then once finished, touched nothing, except to hit the open file button again, and then the program crashed.  It has done this for me 100% of the time, so maybe it is a bug?  I just expected to drag a new file, or open a file, and it would just automatically rescan it, and start everything over.

Quote:The last question, is does Hybrid support Batch processing, where I can load a bunch of movies into it, and convert them from .mp4 to .mkv?
Quote:You could:
a. drag and drop multiple files or a folder into Hybrid
b. you could simply open multiple files through the file dialog by simply selecting them all

Thanks for the heads up, I will try that, when I have to reencode my whole library to .mkv.  ;-)

Cu Selur
Seems like Hybrid is stuck clearing the tag list, I'll compile a dev version which changes things up a bit and might fix the issue. (will send you a link via PM)

Cu Selur
(07.08.2018, 17:09)Selur Wrote: Seems like Hybrid is stuck clearing the tag list, I'll compile a dev version which changes things up a bit and might fix the issue. (will send you a link via PM)

Cu Selur

Sorry, had a busy day today.  No, unfortunately, this version throws up an error message (attached), at two different times, and then the program crashed.  I could not even get into it at all this time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Okay will try to look at it later today.
Thanks for the feedback.

Cu Selur
(08.08.2018, 10:56)Selur Wrote: Okay will try to look at it later today.
Thanks for the feedback.

Cu Selur

OK, unfortunately, since I can't open the program now, I can't send you a debug file, but in the meantime, I will just uninstall, and redownload the program.
The two error popups shouldn't cause any problems and can be ignored.
Dnon't need a debug output, since I can reproduce the issue here. Smile
Just uploaded a new dev version for testing for you. Smile

Cu Selur
(08.08.2018, 17:43)Selur Wrote: The two error popups shouldn't cause any problems and can be ignored.
Dnon't need a debug output, since I can reproduce the issue here. Smile

OK, well they can't really be ignored, as after they displayed, the program crashed, and would not open, at least for me.  Just FYI.

Also, I think I got distracted, and never actually asked about the chapters, and I don't know if it is a problem with the program, an external program, or something I'm doing wrong, but if I use a chapter.xml file (for example, The attached one), and put it into .mkv, the output file is completely blank, and has zero chapters, even though they all seem to be in the chapter queue correctly.  This specific one was generated from MKVToolnix, from the original source file.  The Logs and the sample files are attached, as well as the chapter file I had to generate from a different program (Drax) that actually worked (from the .mp4 file I had already encoded previously).  Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.  Just FYI, this particular movie does not actually have chapter "Titles", which is why they are all labeled "Chapter 1 and so on", but I am very particular about naming all of my movies with appropriate text for my chapters, if the actual movie has them listed.  Clearly, the two files are different, the formatting is different, but both styles are well-known.  Would you be willing to consider adding MKV XML chapter support into Hybrid if it isn't already?  I thought it was?  Also, I notice on Base>Chapter, it shows chapters 1-32, but there are really only 28 chapters here.  Is it looking at something other than the actual chapters in the movie?  Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.
Just so you know, with the new version, after I had completed a job, and hit the open file button, or whatever it is called, on the base screen, to load a new file, and then the program crashed again.  I did not generate a log, but if you need one, I can do it again, and give it to you.  As of now, I just close the program and reopen for the next file, but obviously it is not supposed to work that way. Coincidentally, it does the same thing if I drag a movie onto it. I just thought about this, it might not be every time, it might just be if I use the same file, but if that is the case, shouldn't the program just reload the information like any normal file?
Okay, I'll look into it some more. (probably tomorrow evening)

Cu Selur