This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Rename tracks help please and help with chapters
I just started using Hybrid, and I am having weirdness.  If I have a video file, audio file, subtitle file, and chapter file, and want to mux them all together, and change the name of the corresponding tracks, how do I do that?  For example, if I want to name my audio track as Movie, or Commentary, or something, is there a way to do that in Hybrid?  Maybe I am just being foolish or overlooking something simple, but when I tried to do it, I get something like this:

What I'd like to see is a track name like 5.1 Channels, Commentary, or music-only, or something descriptive I can see at a glance when there are multiple subtitle or audio tracks.  For subtitles, for example, it would be nice to see a subtitle for the movie, and one for the director's comments, if I have it.  Is there a way to achieve this? 

Here is an example of the current subtitle with Hybrid:

Here is an example of what I would LIKE to do and see:

Finally, the chapter.xml file which before Hybrid is correct, as shown here:

does not translate correctly in Hybrid, and the result is this:

I am new, and not sure what I am doing wrong, but please help me figure out how to do this, what I might be doing wrong, what I need to change, and also what information you need from me to help figure this out.  Thanks so much!

I am Using Hybrid 2018.06.23.1 on Windows 10 x64
Attached, please find screenshots and the HybridDebugOutput.zip.  Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

It did not seem to want to let me add more than 5 attachments, so here is the debug output.

[attachment=447]
Quote:For example, if I want to name my audio track as Movie, or Commentary, or something, is there a way to do that in Hybrid?
Yes, once the Track is added (to the Audio-Queue) and 'Base->Tabs->Tagging' is activated, you can select the stream under 'Tags->Streams->Audio stream tagging (mp4/mkv only)' give it a title and specify a language for it language for it and add it to the tag queue.

Quote:For subtitles, for example, it would be nice to see a subtitle for the movie, and one for the director's comments, if I have it. Is there a way to achieve this?
Yes, once the Track is added (to the Subtitle-Queue) and 'Base->Tabs->Tagging' is activated, you can select the stream under 'Tags->Streams->Subtitle stream tagging (mp4/mkv only)' give it a title and specify a language for it language for it and add it to the tag queue.

About the chapters:
You can edit the chapter names in the Chapter-Tab. Don't really see a difference between your two chapter entries/screenshots, aside from the fact that the second one shows the title of the movie, which has nothing to do with the chapters. ('Tags->Container->Container tags (avi/mp4/mkv only)->Name')

Cu Selur
Selur
Quote:Yes, once the Track is added (to the Audio-Queue) and 'Base->Tabs->Tagging' is activated, you can select the stream under 'Tags->Streams->Audio stream tagging (mp4/mkv only)' give it a title and specify a language for it language for it and add it to the tag queue.

Thanks for the response.  I completely overlooked that Tags Setting.

Quote:Yes, once the Track is added (to the Subtitle-Queue) and 'Base->Tabs->Tagging' is activated, you can select the stream under 'Tags->Streams->Subtitle stream tagging (mp4/mkv only)' give it a title and specify a language for it language for it and add it to the tag queue.

Again, thank you so much!

Quote:About the chapters:
You can edit the chapter names in the Chapter-Tab. Don't really see a difference between your two chapter entries/screenshots, aside from the fact that the second one shows the title of the movie, which has nothing to do with the chapters. ('Tags->Container->Container tags (avi/mp4/mkv only)->Name')

Cu Selur

The point I was trying to make, was the first chapter screenshot shows the actual correct placement of the chapter titles.  In this particular case, there are no chapter names, so they are simply listed as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.  I had the chapter file already made, and the screenshot is of it from a different video file.  In the second one, however, the chapter file shows up, but clearly not in the correct location.  The first screenshot shows 15:07 and the chapter 4 marker (correct), but the second one shows 13:39 (actually, when I took it, I had forgotten to check the exact time of the other screenshot), but shows the chapter marker as chapter 1.  Most likely I did something wrong, but it appears to not be putting the correct timecodes in.  For reference, here is the exact chapter file I loaded.  Maybe it will help.  How do I fix it so the chapter files put the chapter markers/names in the correct location?

Thanks so much for your help and work!
OK, after messing around with it, I got everything working, except when I tried a new movie, one with two audio tracks (movie audio and commentary), I set both individually, added them the audio queue, they showed correct formatting, in the tags section, I labeled the name for each individually, everything seemed to work beautifully, they show up appropriately, except both tracks are actually the movie audio.  The second track LOOKS like it is there, named correctly, etc., but it actually has the same audio as the first track.  I feel like I am overlooking something, but what am I doing wrong, and/or how do I actually get a source file with multiple streams that play fine individually, to show up as two separate audio streams in the output file?

I also notice the original audio has 5.1 channels, but in Hybrid, it is showing as 2 channels. How do I just set it to copy the original audio, or how would I go about changing it?
Thanks, Mapsking
If you just want to passthrough the audio streams tell Hybrid to do so by settings "Base->Processing->Audio" to "passthrough (all)" (read the tool tip thoroughly) or add the audio tracks to the audio queue properly.
Since you didn't provide a detailed step-by-step on what you are doing in which order and you didn't provide a debug output of this I got no clue what you are doing wrong.
You did displays the main input characteristics of the selected audio track at the bottom of the Audio-tab and on the right side of the Base-tab.
Hybrid allows to listen to the audio using the Preview button.
->My guess atm. is that Hybrid works fine and you are simply not using it properly.

Cu Selur
(04.08.2018, 09:02)Selur Wrote: If you just want to passthrough the audio streams tell Hybrid to do so by settings "Base->Processing->Audio" to "passthrough (all)" (read the tool tip thoroughly)  or add the audio tracks to the audio queue properly.
Since you didn't provide a detailed step-by-step on what you are doing in which order and you didn't provide a debug output of this I got no clue what you are doing wrong.
You did displays the main input characteristics of the selected audio track at the bottom of the Audio-tab and on the right side of the Base-tab.
Hybrid allows to listen to the audio using the Preview button.
->My guess atm. is that Hybrid works fine and you are simply not using it properly.

Cu Selur

You are almost certainly correct, I just didn't post a debug log, because I didn't look at this as a problem.  Here it is.  I don't want to passthrough the audio streams, because I need to change one to AC3, instead of AAC.  Maybe I am looking at it wrong.  I most likely am adding them wrong.  The detailed step by step is:

Add source movie.
Add subtitle file.
Add Subtitle to queue.
Remove audio track #2 from queue.
Make appropriate audio changes.
Re-add audio track #2 to queue.
Add appropriate tags.
Press the start button.

On a side note, when I tested the audio tracks from the base tab, they play fine, so it is pretty obvious I'm doing something wrong, as when I listen to it, they both are the movie track only.  Perhaps I am not adding the audio tracks to the queue correctly, but they are both listed in the audio tab, the base tab, and also the tag tab, via a dropdown.

Thanks for your help.
Audio queue contains two passthrough entries:
G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\Eragon (2006).mp4;0;aac;2;passthrough;384;;low complexity;48000;;en;0;6197.206;aac;0;1;don't change;2;false;;false;2;false;;;;false;true;;;false;48000;unknown;aac;;false;true;false;3/2/0.1;1/1;;;;;None;;;;;;;;;aac lc;false;1;;;;5.1 Channels / 5.1 Channels;;;;;;;;2;false;G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\Eragon (2006).mp4;true;false;;;false;2
and
G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\Eragon (2006).mp4;1;ac3;2;passthrough;384;;;48000;;en;0;6197.216;ac3;1;2;don't change;2;false;;false;2;false;;;;false;true;;;false;48000;unknown;ac-3;;false;true;false;2/0/0;1/1;;;;;None;;;;;;16;;;ac3;false;2;;;;Commentary / Commentary;;;;;;;;2;false;G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\Eragon (2006).mp4;true;false;;;false;2
From the input the first audio track is 2 channel aac while being labled '5.1 Channels / 5.1 Channels',
AudioID: 0
Format: aac
Bit rate: 384
Channels: 2
Sample rate: 48000
Video delay: 0
Language: en
Length: 6197.206
and the second audio track is 2 channel ac3 which is labeld 'Commentary',.
AudioID: 1
Format: ac-3
Bit rate: 384
Channels: 2
Sample rate: 48000
Video delay: 0
Language: en
Length: 6197.216

What is the output of:
"D:\Programs\Hybrid\64bit\mediainfo.exe" --Language=en "--Full" "G:\PLEX Media\New Things To Sort\Eragon (2006)\Eragon (2006).mp4"
From what I see at this debug level Hybrid reads the MediaInfo output as:
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_format: aac
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_codec: aac lc
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_length: 6197.206
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_channels: 2
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_channelMapping: 3/2/0.1
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_samplerate: 48000
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found Stream size: 297505613
2018.08.04 - 02:20:33_Windows 8.1-64bit_2018.06.23.1 - level 4:   -> found audio_title: 5.1 Channels / 5.1 Channels
Strange thing here is the combination of channels 2 and the 5.1 channel mapping,..

Cu Selur

Cu Selur
Okay, I got the problem.
MediaInfo not reports 5.1 aac with:
Channel(s)                               : 2
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6 channels
Hybrid atm. only checks the first channels info and not the second.
-> will fix the audio detection and reporting (will send you a PM with a link to a dev version once I'm finished)
(04.08.2018, 16:47)Selur Wrote: Okay, I got the problem.
Channel(s)                               : 2
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6 channels
-> will fix the audio detection and reporting (will send you a PM with a link to a dev version once I'm finished)

OK, thank you so much!  I appreciate all of your hard work, and your amazing personality, and willingness to help me, and others!
(04.08.2018, 18:23)Mapsking Wrote:
(04.08.2018, 16:47)Selur Wrote: Okay, I got the problem.
Channel(s)                               : 2
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6 channels

OK, thank you so much!  I appreciate all of your hard work, and your amazing personality, and willingness to help me, and others!

OK, so I tried to do it again, and now I feel like I am just doing something wrong.  Using the new version you sent me, I went in, and did what I thought was what I was supposed to, and I have the same issue.  Specifically, both audio tracks actually only play the audio from the first movie track.  What steps specifically, do I need to take to have multiple audio tracks?  The movie AAC one can just be passed through, but the commentary track I need to convert to AC3.  I am really not sure what I am doing wrong, attached is the log again.  Basically, I thought I added the audio tracks one by one, and then changed the tag info, but clearly something I am doing is wrong, as the second track, the commentary one, says commentary from the tags, but actually plays the 5.1 Channel audio.  Sorry, not trying to be a pain, I just feel I might be doing something wrong, and don't really know what I should be doing, in order to achieve that.  Doesn't seem like that should be too hard, so maybe I am missing a step, or doing something wrong.