This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Quicktime reference files - re-wrap - fps off
Sure, I also noticed that in stream 0:0, the original has

25 fps, 25 tbr, 2500 tbn, 50 tbc (default)

Where as the file I output is:

25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 25 tbc (default)

Why is the tbn so wildly different, and can I hard set it somewhere?

Kind regards.
Quote:tbn = the time base in AVStream that has come from the container
tbc = the time base in AVCodecContext for the codec used for a particular stream
tbr = tbr is guessed from the video stream and is the value users want to see when they look for the video frame rate
source: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/What-does-...41538.html

Before you mentioned:
Quote:The input file is 25fps, but my output file is 26.40fps,...
but:
Quote:25 fps, 25 tbr, 12800 tbn, 25 tbc (default)
would indicate that the output si 25fps not 26.4fps.
-> confused.

That aside you can set the tbn value for mov and mp4 files with 'video_track_timescale', so adding '-video_track_timescale 2500' might help. (hoping that this hasn't changed since the last time I used it Smile)

Cu Selur
OK, I got this working, but I cheated Smile

I tried various versions of ffmpeg, and eventually found a working version from last year (3.2.4), which appears to produce the correct file.

The working command was simply:

ffmpeg -y -enable_drefs 1 -use_absolute_path 1 -i "P:/CSI/Test/CSP0002377.mov" -map 0 -c copy "P:/CSI/Test/test22.mov"

The output file is 25fps with no errors on output, tbn also correct.
Thanks for all your help Selur, as always, very helpful and knowledgable.

Kind regards.