This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encoding crashes with SMPTE-ST-2084 settings
I originally planned last weekend, but since I'm without a mac atm. I'll try to compile it this weekend on the machine of a friend of mine.

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you have anything else than a mac, tell me what OS you use and I can send you a link to a dev verison.
(31.08.2018, 16:24)Selur Wrote: I originally planned last weekend, but since I'm without a mac atm. I'll try to compile it this weekend on the machine of a friend of mine.

Cu Selur

Ps.: If you have anything else than a mac, tell me what OS you use and I can send you a link to a dev verison.

Oh, so that's a soonish, great.

Thanks very much for the offer but it's just an annoyance for me, I add it as a custom command line option if I need to use x265, it's the QSVenc limitation I can't work around, Wink

Thanks
Ian
Send you a link to a dev version for testing via PM.
Have fun.

Cu Seluzr
(12.08.2018, 13:25)Selur Wrote: Using:
"I:\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 8 -i "D:\TestClips&Co\files\test.avi" -map 0:0 -an -sn   -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0  -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "i:\Hybrid\64bit\x265.exe" --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --no-high-tier --level-idc 5.1 --qg-size 8 --limit-modes --no-open-gop --opt-ref-list-length-pps --keyint 60 --min-keyint 1 --lookahead-slices 0 --bitrate 40000 --crf-min 0.00 --crf-max 0.00 --opt-qp-pps --cbqpoffs -2 --crqpoffs -2 --limit-refs 0 --ssim-rd --psy-rd 2.50 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 10.00 --aq-mode 0 --vbv-maxrate 40000 --vbv-bufsize 40000 --hrd --aud --deblock=-1:-1 --limit-sao --repeat-headers --range limited --colorprim bt2020 --colormatrix bt2020nc --master-display "G(8500,39850)B(6550,2300)R(35400,14600)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1)" --max-cll "1000,180" --hdr --output "d:\06_39_58_5510_04.265"
(just changed, the path to the tools and the location of the temp folder), the call works fine for me.

I get the same errors you did when the temp folder doesn't exist.
(tried different sources and couldn't reproduce the issue)

-> Does the folder: ""C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\" exist and can your user write to it?

Apologies for butting in but isn't the problem the renaming of the --transfer option to smpte2084 in an updated x264 where the GUI puts the old option name in there?

There doesn't look like there's a --transfer option in the above at all.

Oh, oops!
I'm confused, sorry.
Yes, that was a typo on my end, but the problem itself has been fixed,..