This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] method...
Hi again,

here is the context :
I have hours of cartoon videos which come from LD I had 20 years ago.
I digitalized the total length of a face without cutting after each cartoon.
So let's say I have fe a video of 55' containing 7 cartoons following each other.

Now I have to :
- modify the PAR (can be done without encoding --> passthrough)
- crop the video (because there are black bars on the edges of the video), so I have to encode
- insert chapters (can be done without encoding --> passthrough)
- encode selecting the "queue chapters" option to have a different job for each chapter (& maybe use the de-interlace>telecine filter ???)
- then rename the cartoons using filebot fe...

so we see that i have to encode 2 times Confused

My question is:
what can i do to limit 1 of the 2 encodings ? choose H.264 ? nothing ?

regardsPlease, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:Now I have to :
- modify the PAR (can be done without encoding --> passthrough)
- crop the video (because there are black bars on the edges of the video), so I have to encode
- insert chapters (can be done without encoding --> passthrough)
- encode selecting the "queue chapters" option to have a different job for each chapter
- then rename the cartoons using filebot fe...
What I would do is:
I. Create a new proper file in the target format I want
  1. set a default output folder
  2. load source
  3. adjust Input PAR
  4. do cropping and filter
  5. add chapter points and name them according to the episode (unless you mess with the qp file Hybrid will automatically create key frames on the chapter start points)
  6. configure audio&video to the formats I want
  7. encode the file
II. Split the file and name the output files after the chapters.
  1. load output of previous file as source
  2. set audio&video processing to passthrough
  3. enable Config->Output->Filename Generation->Output Filename Generation->Use chapter names
  4. enable Base->Generate
  5. hit 'Queue Chapters' to let Hybrid create the jobs to split the source into the chapters and name the output files according to the chapter names
This way one has one encoding of the whole thing and one splitting of the reencoded file.

Cu Selur
hello

thank you very much for the tip "Config->Output->Filename Generation->Output Filename Generation->Use chapter names" -  and the rest of course !!!

I'll try this ASAP !

regards