This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] ffmpeg doesn't wants to create file
Bug 
I tried to convert this file: [attachment=511]
With x264 and aac audio file, but this happened: [attachment=512]

I use Hybrid 2018.08.19.1 in Windows 7 x64

Cu Inky
Quote:With x264 and aac audio file, but this happened:
According to the log, you are not converting to aac.
Audio is extracted, but not reencoded.
Then during the muxing ffmpeg seems to abort.

Since you chose 'auto add (first)' as audio processing option, did you configure the aac encoding before loading the source?  (Otherwise the setting won't affect the source.)
Encoding and muxing works fine here with your file when audio conversion is enabled properly.

Cu Selur
(12.09.2018, 05:52)Selur Wrote: According to the log, you are not converting to aac.
Audio is extracted, but not reencoded.
Then during the muxing ffmpeg seems to abort.

Since you chose 'auto add (first)' as audio processing option, did you configure the aac encoding before loading the source?  (Otherwise the setting won't affect the source.)

Yes, I configured the aac encoding, as 255 kbps and low complexity

(12.09.2018, 05:52)Selur Wrote: Encoding and muxing works fine here with your file when audio conversion is enabled properly.

I'll try downloading a new version from the site.

Cu Inky
Quote:Yes, I configured the aac encoding, as 255 kbps and low complexity
You missed the question. It if you did that before loading the source, otherwise the settings have no effect.

In case you think that you did it properly, please to again and create a debug level 9 of the job creation.

Quote:I'll try downloading a new version from the site.
new version of what?

Cu Selur
Quote:I'll try downloading a new version from the site.

It seems I have a newer version than the site.
Mine is 2018.08.19.01 and the site version is 2018.08.05.01

Cu Inky

(12.09.2018, 16:35)Selur Wrote: You missed the question. It if you did that before loading the source, otherwise the settings have no effect.

Oops, let me do...
Did you read my last post?

Quote:Mine is 2018.08.19.01 and the site version is 2018.08.05.01
That is the case since you got a dev version from me after reporting some problem.

Cu Selur
Now It worked, thanks!
I was doing that after the source loading.

Cu Inky
-> next, best read the tool-tip:
Quote:Audio handling:
Allows you to select the general audio handling.
Available options are:
  • custom: enables the Audio-tab, where you can manually choose the audio and how it should be processed by adding it to the audio job queue.
  • auto add (first):  enables the Audio-tab, but automatically adds the first input audio stream from the input file to the audio job queue with the settings defined in the Audio-tab.
    side notes:
    • You can still add additional audio streams in the Audio-tab, unless you use multiple input files.
    • This setting will not adjust to changes after loading the source! So configure the Audio-tab before loading your source.
  • auto add (all): like auto add (first), but all the stream from the input are processed automatically.
  • passthrough all: automatically adds all the streams from the input to the audio queue in the Audio-tab.
  • ignore: disables all audio handling (needed if you want to create a video only file)
Note:
When using multiple input files (batch processing), only custom allows to modify the audio queue.

Cu Selur