This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid on Mac not able to encoding. (btw not internal savvy)
Hello,
I am having trouble with 60 FPS conversion on Mac. I followed the steps on the forum and started the job, but the job finishes within like 5 seconds. Do you know if you're able to help? I attached the debug file within this post if it helps. Sorry for asking for help on something so simple.

[attachment=515]Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Problem seems to be that Hybrid can't find "vspipe" and crashs when trying to use it's absolute path.
-> Check your paths under Config->Tools
(13.09.2018, 05:18)Selur Wrote: Problem seems to be that Hybrid can't find "vspipe" and crashs when trying to use it's absolute path.
-> Check your paths under Config->Tools

Okay, I went and looked and saw that there was nothing there for Vspipe. I looked up Vspipe and a vaporsynth package was recommended to download and install. So I did and unfortunately, it crashed again. What do you recommend? I also attached another debug file.

[attachment=516]
a. Does the Vapoursynth Preview work or does it throw an error?
b. I would recommend to set a fixed temp path.

The Vapoursynth script itself:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading /Users/juancarlosmartinez/Desktop/Oppai Heart Kanojo wa Kedamono Hatsujouki 02.mp4 using LibavSMASHSource
clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(source="/Users/juancarlosmartinez/Desktop/Oppai Heart Kanojo wa Kedamono Hatsujouki 02.mp4")
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# adjusting frame count with Interframe/SVP
clip = havsfunc.InterFrame(clip, Tuning="smooth", NewNum=60, NewDen=1, OverrideAlgo=23)
# Output
clip.set_output()
and the encoding call:
"/usr/local/bin/vspipe" "/var/folders/57/f891wwsn4dl28kfm0j7hxd700000gn/T/encodingTempSynthSkript_23_08_39_8910.vpy" - --y4m | "/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/x264" --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.2 --direct auto --qcomp 0.5 --no-mbtree --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --trellis 0 --weightp 1 --aq-mode 0 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --demuxer y4m --fps 60/1 --output-depth 8 --output "/var/folders/57/f891wwsn4dl28kfm0j7hxd700000gn/T/23_08_39_8910_03.264" -[/code]
look fine so my guess is there is still something 'off' with the Vapoursynth environment.

Can't test myself since I don't own a mac any more and from the looks of it that there isn't a new Mac Mini released this year, so I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Cu Selur