This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] chapter preview window
yes i understand :
just let the movie start, click "o", then click anywhere in the movie, then pause (that's what i do)
(i doesn't happen all the time, it's not easy to see as the cursor doesn't move fast)

Hi again,

other detail :
when you have different chapter points int he chapter tab, and you want to edit them :
when i update the 3rd one, i would have thought that it would "disappear" from the list, but instead, it's the last one which disappear
it's not very important, but it confuses me smtimes when i interrupt what i'm doing...

regards
The moving slider thing happens if you pause the preview while mplayer hasn't fully resumed playback after a jump.
Sadly mplayer isn't actively developed any more, so this will probably not change.

Quote:when you have different chapter points int he chapter tab, and you want to edit them :
when i update the 3rd one, i would have thought that it would "disappear" from the list, but instead, it's the last one which disappear
it's not very important, but it confuses me smtimes when i interrupt what i'm doing...
Did you select the chapter tab you want to edit? If you didn't, Hybrid using the last one is what it should do.

Cu Selur
Hi,

1/ok for mplayer, I'll do with that.

2/i always select the chapter point before editing it (otherwise the time stamps wouldn't match anymore with the titles) :

- select the chapter in the list :
[Image: t-tTRR61JCcq] https://we.tl/t-tTRR61JCcq
- click on the big Arrow : [Image: t-XV6wzGi91K] https://we.tl/t-XV6wzGi91K --> you see that the 8th (last) chapter has "disappeared" : in fact the number of the chapter changed from 8 to 7
- edit the name of the chapter
- click on "+" to add it in the list

regards
Looking at hybrid-chatpers-1.jpg, I see that the chapter with time code '00:14:23.000' is selected.
Looking at hybrid-chatpers-2.jpg, I see that the chapter with time code '00:14:23.000' is removed from the list and loaded for editing.
The chapter names of the remaining entries in the chapter queue got adjusted to reflect the current chapter count since 'auto adjust chapter names' is enabled.
-> Don't see anything wrong with how Hybrid behaves.

Cu Selur
hi,

Looking at hybrid-chatpers-1.jpg, I see that the last chapter with time code '00:48:40.000' is the 8th .

Looking at hybrid-chatpers-2.jpg, I see that the last chapter with time code '00:48:40.000' became the 7th

and the previous chapters have also their number changed (except the ones whith the name i set), which is disturbing, because i kind of ask myself 'did i choose the right chapter ?'

regards
Quote:which is disturbing, because i kind of ask myself 'did i choose the right chapter ?'
You removed one chapter and you have 'auto adjust chapter names' enabled, so Hybrid adjusted the title of the 'Chapter X' entries to reflect their current position.
To state the obvious: If you don't want Hybrid to automatically adjust and set the names disable 'auto adjust chapter names'.
If you don't like it now Hybrid does it, use another tool. Hybrid identifies a chapter mainly by it's start time not by it's label.

Cu Selur
i never said i didn't like Hybrid - i already said it's a GREAT tool, i just want to understand how it works & use it the most i can without using an other tool...