This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[INFO] FFNVEnc
Hi,

as there's a mssg asking for report if we run into problems :
Rolleyes 

version : 2018.09.29.1

after choosing "NVEnc (ffmpeg)" and going to the right tab, whatever I do, Hybrid crashes :
-> trying to change the preset, the mode, the bit-depth
-> with or without a loaded file

regards
No clue what you are talking about.
Can change the preset&co without any problem here. Nothing crashing here.
-> read sticky
hi,

when i choose base->processing->video->NVEnc (ffmpeg)', the "NVEnc (ffmpeg)" tab appears

and in the middle of the window, there's a red message :
"!! FFMPEG SUPPORT IS EXPERIMENTAL !! (please report whether it works or if you run into problems)"

so i did report...

regards
Problem is your report doesn't allow me to reproduce the issue.
I did the following:
  1. starting Hybrid
  2. set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'NVEnc (FFmpeg)'
  3. changed ['NVEnc (FFmpeg)->Base->Mode'
  4. changed ['NVEnc (FFmpeg)->Base->Preset'
  5. changed ['NVEnc (FFmpeg)->Base->bit depth'
-> no crash, only effect I get is that the command line changes,..

Cu Selur
Hi,

I don't know what else to say...
I have dev 2018.09.29.1 version, W7 64b

I did the following:
  1. starting Hybrid
  2. set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'NVEnc (FFmpeg)'
  3. changed 'NVEnc (FFmpeg)->Base->Preset' - or 'Mode'
... crash

the log level 9 is here

regards
Sadly nothing in the debug output hints to a crash.
-> no clue.
I can't even understand why people use the FFMPEG version of NVENC...
I implemented support for it mainly for Linux&Mac users where NVEncC isn't available.
On Windows: no clue, why you would want to use it other then for testing.

Cu Selur
Hi again,

Why should i try to use it ?
since the end of august when smone spoke to me about Hybrid, i try to understand how Hybrid functions (remember one of my 1st post here), so I look from time to time to other parameters...

when i use NVEnc, the command line is smthg like "NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile...", but with NVEnc (ffmpeg), it's smthg like "-vcodec hevc_nvenc...", which is exactly what i see very often on internet when I read information about using h265 with a graphic card - and that's what I started to use in command lines in batch files.
So i tried to use this codec to see what it could do compared to the command line I "constructed" myself in a batch file...
And I'm quite surprised to discover this command to encode in h265 using NVEnc with a graphic card !

too sad hybrid crashes everytime i try to modify a parameter, because I'm not sure how to parameter NVEnc... Will try to learn about it on internet.

regards

EDIT :
I looked on internet and didn't find any site speaking about smthg like "NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile..." for graphic cards...
???
(09.10.2018, 10:27)weyb06 Wrote: Hi again,

Why should i try to use it ?
since the end of august when smone spoke to me about Hybrid, i try to understand how Hybrid functions (remember one of my 1st post here), so I look from time to time to other parameters...

when i use NVEnc, the command line is smthg like "NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile...", but with NVEnc (ffmpeg), it's smthg like "-vcodec hevc_nvenc...", which is exactly what i see very often on internet when I read information about using h265 with a graphic card - and that's what I started to use in command lines in batch files.
So i tried to use this codec to see what it could do compared to the command line I "constructed" myself in a batch file...
And I'm quite surprised to discover this command to encode in h265 using NVEnc with a graphic card !

too sad hybrid crashes everytime i try to modify a parameter, because I'm not sure how to parameter NVEnc... Will try to learn about it on internet.

regards

EDIT :
I looked on internet and didn't find any site speaking about smthg like "NVEnc --y4m -i - --fps 25.000 --codec h265 --profile..." for graphic cards...
???

But why do you use the FFMPEG version of NVENC, when it is less stable and has worse quality than Rigaya version of NVENC? Just because people on the internet (whose 99% have not much clue about video encoding) only know about FFMPEG version?