This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] video not loading
Hi,

I was trying to load a documentary, but Hybrid said there was no audio (?) & not enough data Huh, and then nothing more, Hybrid stays in a loading state.

here is the level 9 log

i have the lastest version v2018.10.21.1

do you want me to upload an extract of the video file ?

regards
FFmpeg returns:
Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (Main) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x101]: Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp, 123 kb/s
mkvmerge returns:
File 'Y:\documentaires\histoire\egypte\Le.pharaon.d.argent.2010.FRENCH.HDTV.720p.x264.mkv': container: MPEG transport stream
Track ID 0: video (MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264)
Track ID 1: audio (AAC)
This indicates that the input isn't an mkv but a 'MPEG transport stream'.
Thus naming it properly might fix the issue.

MPlayer can't handle the file, which is where Hybrid aborts.

-> If you feed Hybrid with files with an .mkv extension, that are not mkv files don't blame Hybrid.

Cu Selur
Hi,

I never blamed Hybrid did I ? I asked for "HELP", I didn't say it was a "BUG" no Huh 
I'm - still - just trying to understand how all this work together.

how could i know that the container is a 'MPEG transport stream' and not a mkv if the extension is mkv ?
would it be possible to have a more precise error message from Hybrid ?
so it should have a .ts extension instead ?

regards
Quote:how could i know that the container is a 'MPEG transport stream' and not a mkv if the extension is mkv ?
It's your content you should know what you own.

Quote:would it be possible to have a more precise error message from Hybrid ?
No. I'm not going to start writing error messages for broken or mislabeled content.

Quote:so it should have a .ts extension instead ?
According to mkvmerge: yes

Cu Selur
Hi,

I downloaded the documentary, so i can't say it's "mine"...

but reacting that way you may have later other questions like mine from other persons who like me won't understand why it doesn't work (I know you won't like that - and I know what you'll say, but it works without problem with Handbrake fe), and so you'll lose time answering these same questions again & again.

it depends if you're doing a tool only for an elite who knows everything about video, containers, encoders, etc. and won't do anything "silly", or for the common people like me who need to be guided sometimes.

regards
Hybrid is intended for advanced users.
It doesn't aim to be a tool used by everybody.
If you don't know the basics about contains, video formats, etc. you are not Hybrids target audience.
Hybrid assumes the content it is fed with isn't broken or mislabeled.
Hybrid isn't meant to break or circumvent copyright protections.

Cu Selur
ok (I see you say it on the Hybrid main page, I didn't see it at first).
BTW : the video i tried to encode was a replay one, from a TV channel.

Thank you for your great work & tool & the time spent (I relaly appreciate what you did), I'll try not to bother you anymore with "basic" questions.

regards
(28.10.2018, 16:45)weyb06 Wrote: ok (I see you say it on the Hybrid main page, I didn't see it at first).
BTW : the video i tried to encode was a replay one, from a TV channel.

Thank you for your great work & tool & the time spent (I relaly appreciate what you did), I'll try not to bother you anymore with "basic" questions.

regards

You can use MediaInfo to detect the actual media type of the file, just FYI.
Hi,

yes i discovered that afterwards - but with the 3rd view, & not the 2nd one I'm used to use daily... Thnax !
but even if i had known it before, I wouldn't have looked at it before because i didn't know it could be a big problem...

knowing that, now, i'll be able to check the file if Hybrid don't want to encode it, & correct the extension if necessary !...
...hoping it will be the only problem in it !
;-)

regards