This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] crash on loading
Hi,

i've the v2018.11.01.1, and I'm trying to load a chapterized video, to split it according to the chapter points set in a previous step (1st step).
But hybrid crashes when loading the result file (I tried 4 times).
I checked the file, i didn't see any mistake with MediaInfo.
The only strange thing I noticed in the 1st step (encoding & adding chapters) is that Hybrid says PAR = 0,889.
But as the video looks fine (a circle is a circle) I didn't set anything about the PAR in the "crop/resize" tab.
And as Hybrid crashes in loading in the 2nd step, I can't say what PAR it is.

I can cut a part of the result video file & upload it on wetransfer if you like.

here is the level 9 log.

regards
no clue why it crashes, would need a small sample of the file which allows to reproduce the crash.

Cu Selur
Hi,

this extract made also Hybrid to crash

hope it'll allow you to find why

regards
Thumbs Up 
I can reproduce the issue, seems to be related to some code I rewrote.
-> looking into it

=> send you a link to a new dev version for testing
Hi,

the loading is ok now - thank you !, but the splitting is not quite ok :
of the 4 jobs created with the "queue chapter", 2 crashed, & 2 finished ok

I don't know if its related or not with the previous problem, but I prefer to go on here & not creating a new thread.
here is the level 9 log regarding the splitting step

regards

EDIT : I had an Elvis Presley documentary which crashed also at loading step yesterday, and it's ok now with this version.
Seems like your two sources are vfr and there is a problem with the time stamps:
Quote:Error: The timestamp v2 file 'C:\temp\timecodeV2_16_43_49_1410.tc' contains timestamps that are not ordered. Due to a bug in mkvmerge versions up to and including v1.5.0 this was necessary if the track to which the timestamp file was applied contained B frames. Starting with v1.5.1 mkvmerge now handles this correctly, and the timestamps in the timestamp file must be ordered normally. For example, the frame sequence 'IPBBP...' at 25 FPS requires a timestamp file with the first timestamps being '0', '40', '80', '120' etc and. not '0', '120', '40', '80' etc.

If you really have to specify non-sorted timestamps then use the timestamp format v4. It is identical to format v2 but allows non-sorted timestamps.
-> I'll try to look into v4 timecodes, currently v2 timecodes are used.
But if your source has out of order time codes it might be best to discard them.

Cu Selur
Hi,

I don't know what to say because all the 4 jobs come from the same video source (the one i couldn't load yesterday).
so all 4 jobs (issued from the 4 chapter points) should react the same way & crash, no ?
(Q : aren't the timestamps / time codes modified when the video is encoded ?)

thank you for your help

Weyb
By default Hybrid copies the time codes/stamps from the source. Wink

Cu Selur
Try whether enabling 'Config->Internals->Handling->Ignore all input timecodes' helps.
Probably won't get around to look into v4 timecodes today.

Cu Selur
Hello

sorry but no improvment Sad 
same results...
I found a temporary solution : split the source file (before encoding it & adding capter points) with avidemux - fortunaltely, there are keyframes between the cartoons, so i could split it like I wish.
(but it's luck - it's not always like that, hence my need to be able to put keyframes where I want, hence my luck to have found Hybrid...)

regards