This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Reducing frame rate 60fps ->30fps
(10.12.2018, 05:52)Selur Wrote: Over here both ways worked fine with the dev version and I'm curious what might be the problem when you use it. Smile

I started to work on it and noticed that this time both Vapoursynth and Avisynth +sRestore + CFR output' worked! :-) 

I don't know why it didn't before. I must have changed some other options as well. 

Thanks again 
I've just notices that for my video input (60fps from smartphone) even without any frame rate conversion (just x264 re-compression) program can't finish the job and it doesn't save the file. This is for the dev version you send me in PM. This is for CRF off

It works when I set CRF ON
You are right, seems like I broke some stuff when handling vfr content while rewriting the subjob processing.
Will fix and send you a new dev version once I'm finished. Smile
-> seems like only a small fix was needed, send you a link for testing.

Cu Selur
(11.12.2018, 06:03)Selur Wrote: You are right, seems like I broke some stuff when handling vfr content while rewriting the subjob processing.
Will fix and send you a new dev version once I'm finished. Smile
-> seems like only a small fix was needed, send you a link for testing.

Cu Selur

Quick summary after testing most recent version with 60fps file

1. Simple re-compression, without frame rate change, works with both CFR on and off
2. When I reduce frame rate to 30fps using Filtering->Speed Change->Scale output frame rate to 30fps:
      - if CFR is off output is as I described in my first post (not good)
      - if CFR is on output is good (30fps)
3. When I reduce frame rate to 30fps using Avisynth with Frame->sRestore
      -if CFR is off output is good (30fps)
      -if CFR is on output is good (30fps) but it doesn't say  "Job **** finished!"
4. When I reduce frame rate to 30fps using Vapoursynnth with Other->sRestore
      -if CFR is off output is as I described in my first post (not good)
      -if CFR is on output is good (30fps)
I'll look into it some more and later send you a new link via PMSmile

Cu Selur