This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crashed encoding....
I repack this file to mkv. Now encoding is in progress.
I have dozens of such files. They are encoded with a UT video codec and all have the same problem. avi files with other codecs, such Divx, do not have this problem

Hybrid have problem with avi files encoded with a UT video codec.
Quote:Hybrid have problem with avi files encoded with a UT video codec.
Then UT might have changed something with their vfw codec, which is used when AviSource is used in Avisynth.
You can try whether it helps to enabled 'LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource'.
A while ago AviSource was needed for UT video to be properly processed, but it seems like they changed something,..
Quote:You can try whether it helps to enabled 'LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource'.
I'm it is always enabled. Is this impossible to fix?
I have about 100 such files with a total size of 200 GB and more such files will be created. Each file repack in mkv is very time consuming.
I could probably remove some code to prefer AviSource for UT content, which would cause Hybrid to use LibavVideoSource or FFmpegSource which might help,...
(also make sure that you don't have your avi file opened inside another application)
It this only happens with some videos, you can share one of them an I can have a look at it to see whether I can reproduce the issue here.
Other than that I don't know how I can help.

Cu Selur
Sample for reproduce the issue
Loaded the sample, setup Avisynth:
LoadPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("I:\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\AutoAdjust.dll")
SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", MT_MULTI_INSTANCE)
# loading source: C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\1.avi
#  input color sampling YV12
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\1.avi",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV420P8")
# current resolution: 854x480
# filtering
# color modifications
Levels(0,1.00,255,0,230,dither=true)
AutoAdjust(auto_gain=true,dark_limit=2.30,bright_limit=1.00,gamma_limit=1.00,dark_exclude=0.00,bright_exclude=0.00,chroma_process=99,avg_safety=0.55,input_tv=false)
# adjusting bit depth current 8 to target 8
PreFetch(16)
return last
and
x264:
ffmpeg -y -loglevel fatal -threads 8 -i "E:\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_16_27_59_2910.avs" -an -sn   -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -f rawvideo - | x264 --preset veryslow --crf 16.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --ref 8 --sync-lookahead 32 --no-fast-pskip --aq-mode 2 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --ssim --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --demuxer raw --input-res 854x480 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 30000/1001 --output-depth 8 --output "E:\Temp\16_27_59_2910_02.264" -
and the encoding worked fine here,...
-> seems like this is something on your system which is causing the problem.
(I used the version I send you,..)

Cu Selur
If I have any avisint filter enabled, for example, "Levels" or "AutoAdjust", then encoding crashed. If no avisint filter is enabled, then the encoding works fine. You probably do not have enabled any avisint filters.  Please try to encode with enabled any avisint filter, "Levels" or "AutoAdjust". With Vapoursinth filters the encoding worked fine.
No I do enable Avisynth filters, like you did, which is why my Avisynth script contains:
Levels(0,1.00,255,0,230,dither=true)
AutoAdjust(auto_gain=true,dark_limit=2.30,bright_limit=1.00,gamma_limit=1.00,dark_exclude=0.00,bright_exclude=0.00,chroma_process=99,avg_safety=0.55,input_tv=false)

Did you install any tool which installs a system wide Avisynth, that might interfere with the one used by Hybrid?

Cu Selur
Quote:Did you install any tool which installs a system wide Avisynth, that might interfere with the one used by Hybrid?

c:\Program Files\Hybrid\...
c:\Program Files\PotPlayer\AviSynth\ColorBars.avs...
c:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced\filters\ffavisynth.avsi
c:\Program Files (x86)\Shark007\Advanced\filters\ffavisynth.dll
c:\Program Files\MkvCutter\avisynth.dll
c:\Program Files\Shark007\filters\ffavisynth.avsi
c:\Program Files\Shark007\filters\ffavisynth.dll