This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 30>60 fps produces huge files
30 to 60 fps conversion works well with great looking smooth results but the output file is huge - e.g. 8MB clip @ 30fps produces 214MB @ 60 fps. I'm new to using Hybrid so not really sure where to start. Any help greatly appreciated..   

T
Size of the output depends on the strength of the compression you choose.
if you want a specific file size, use an encoder which supports 2pass encoding and limit the file size accordingly.
-> not enough data about the source and the settings you used to say more
Thanks for the reply Selur. 

The source was a 1080p MP4 clip (data rate 1204 kbps / total bitrate 1329 kbps). I followed a Youtube guide on using Hybrid to do the conversion and used default settings - except:

1. On the x264 tab - changed the bitrate to 55000 and AVC Profile / Level > 4.2

2. On the Filtering / AVIsynth / Frame tab - ticked 'FPS adjust' box and selected 'Interframe'. Tuning = smooth, Target frame rate = 60.00, Override algo. = smooth, Support = AVIsynth.

Copied and pasted this from the configuration info on the x264 tab:

x264 --preset superfast --pass 1 --bitrate 55000 --profile high --level 4.2 --direct auto --lookahead-threads 3 --qcomp 0.5 --rc-lookahead 40 --qpmax 81 --aq-mode 0 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --non-deterministic --range tv --stats "PATH TO THE .stats FILE" --demuxer raw --input-res 48x48 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 60/1 --output-depth 8 --output NUL -

x264 --pass 2 --bitrate 55000 --profile high --level 4.2 --direct auto --lookahead-threads 3 --qcomp 0.5 --no-mbtree --qpmax 81 --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --trellis 0 --weightp 1 --aq-mode 0 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt470bg --stats "PATH TO THE .stats FILE" --demuxer raw --input-res 48x48 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 60/1 --output-depth 8 --output OUTPUTFILE -
So you input had 1204 kBit/s and you chose 55 000 kBit/s as target bit rate and wonder why the file is so large?
55000 kbit/s that's ~6.875 MB/s with a 214MB output file that is ~32 seconds of video.
=> your file isn't large because of the frame rate it's large since you chose such a high target bit rate!

As a side note: I would have expected an even larger file with that target bit rate, but seems like the source is saturated before hitting your target bit rate.

Cu Selur