This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid won't start anymore
...even after I reinstall the whole thing.

Everytime I try to start the program, I get the message "Closing Hybrid, since it's running with administration rights!"

And then it closes.

Not sure what to do about this. :/
best: don't start Hybrid with admin rights
possible: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...38#pid4238
Hello, I have this same problem, I'm not running Hybrid with admin rights yet it complains about it, I really don't have any problems with running it as admin using the misc.ini but since it's not recommended... (that part of messing up with my files sounds a little scary Big Grin ) I really don't wanna use it until this gets fixed, or at least if you could be more clear of the dangers of running Hybrid with admin rights, is it really that bad?
Quote:I really don't wanna use it until this gets fixed, or at least if you could be more clear of the dangers of running Hybrid with admin rights, is it really that bad?
You can use it with admin rights, just don't complain in case it does delete stuff or creates folders where it shouldn't.
Hybrid is developed using normal user rights in mind and I don't spend a thought about what it could do with admin rights.

What OS are you on?

Cu Selur
(02.04.2019, 05:47)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I really don't wanna use it until this gets fixed, or at least if you could be more clear of the dangers of running Hybrid with admin rights, is it really that bad?
What OS are you on?

Cu Selur

I'm using Windows 10, it seems that creating a new non-administrator user/profile in Windows solves the issue, I'm happy with doing that but it sure is annoying, I wonder why is it happening, I didn't have this issue before.
Strange thing is that for me Hybrid does start with my Administrator user on Windows 10 without problems.
Did you disable UAC ?

Cu Selur
(03.04.2019, 05:31)Selur Wrote: Strange thing is that for me Hybrid does start with my Administrator user on Windows 10 without problems.
Did you disable UAC ?

Cu Selur

No, I actually tried doing that just now with no avail, I also tried moving the program folder out from "Program Files" thinking that it would run without any elevated permissions or something and it still didn't work, btw my main user profile it's called "Administrator" Idk if that would be an issue?
Moving Hybrid after the installation without properly deinstalling completely will only break more things. So hopefully you deinstalled it properly beforehand.
Still confused why Hybrid would complain about the admin rights on your windows System and not on mine,...

The code Hybrid uses under Windows to check the admin rights is rather simple:
#ifdef Q_OS_WIN
bool HybridMainWindow::hasAdminRights()
{
  SID_IDENTIFIER_AUTHORITY authority = { SECURITY_NT_AUTHORITY };
  PSID adminGroup;
  // Initialize SID.
  if (!AllocateAndInitializeSid(&authority, 2, SECURITY_BUILTIN_DOMAIN_RID, DOMAIN_ALIAS_RID_ADMINS, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, &adminGroup))
    return false;

BOOL isInAdminGroup = FALSE;
  if (!CheckTokenMembership(nullptr, adminGroup, &isInAdminGroup)){
    isInAdminGroup = FALSE;
  }

FreeSid(adminGroup);
  return bool(isInAdminGroup);
}
#endif
which here only aborts Hybrid in case it's run as administrator,....

Cu Selur
(29.03.2019, 19:12)Selur Wrote: best: don't start Hybrid with admin rights
possible: https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?t...38#pid4238

But.. I'm not trying to start it with admin rights. It just happens when I start Hybrid. I don't know how to change it.
fix is the same