This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Unexpected Hybrid crashes before encoding
What happens ? a problem with my file "HybridDebugOutput.txt.zip" ? Nobody have dl it.

I stay with my repeated crashes of Hybrid graphic interface.

However, in the meantime, I have done other tests:
-I completely (App Uninstaller) de-installed Hybrid and remade a new installation: Alas, no improvement ...
-I installed Hybrid on another of my Macintosh (MacBook Pro 2011) that works with the same software versions. There, everything works normally, except the crash of the muxer that I bypass by activating the muxing by ffmpeg.
About the tool tip crashes:
a. you could deactivate the tool tips in Hybrid (disable Config->View->Design->Show tooltips; and save it as default)
b. no clue which other tool interferes with the communication of Qt with the Apple framework. Like I wrote this usually happens to folks which install some extension that influences the menus, dock or finder.

Cu Selur

Ps.: DebugOutput doesn't help since it doesn't contain the job processing.
(23.10.2017, 01:32)Selur Wrote: About the tool tip crashes:
a. you could deactivate the tool tips in Hybrid (disable Config->View->Design->Show tooltips; and save it as default)
b. no clue which other tool interferes with the communication of Qt with the Apple framework. Like I wrote this usually happens to folks which install some extension that influences the menus, dock or finder.

Cu Selur

Ps.: DebugOutput doesn't help since it doesn't contain the job processing.

OK : Herewith a "debug log" beginning before job run, continuing with the complete job run and after job end, I cause the crash simply by activating the config button. In this configuration, the Mac no longer has an application launched at startup and the attached file shows you the extensions in use in this Mac (the same as those of my MacBook Pro which has no problem with Hybrid)

To complete I did the following tests:
• Disable of ToolTip has not produce any change...
• restart in "safe mode": Of course, the Mac is "incredibly slow", but when I run Hybrid, I can not crash it like in the normal configuration ...
• Restart in a guest session very rarely used and therefore only includes "the standard system" (Mac OS 13 High Sierra for two days): Hybrid crash in the same way as my usual system ...

It seems to me that the debug log ends at the end of the job (that's what you ask) and nothing mentions the crash of the program since it is the supervisor of Mac OS that ends the program on an illegal instruction.
I remain at your disposal to provide you with other information.
In the meantime, I am going to continue my investigations as and when ideas come to me.

[attachment=85]

[attachment=86]
Sadly, I can't access my Mac at home while in China. I did test it before I left, but any real testing ob my end will have to wait for November.

Cu Selur
(24.10.2017, 15:40)Selur Wrote: Sadly, I can't access my Mac at home while in China. I did test it before I left, but any real testing ob my end will have to wait for November.

Cu Selur
OK: Have a good trip in China ...   Shy  I can wait for your return since I have a "workaround" by "skilfully choosing" the order of the settings ...
Do you have MenuMeters installed on both your systems? (the one were Hybrid works and the one where it crashes?)
My guess is that it might be the cause of the problem.

Cu Selur
(06.11.2017, 19:45)Selur Wrote: Do you have MenuMeters installed on both your systems? (the one were Hybrid works and the one where it crashes?)
My guess is that it might be the cause of the problem.

Cu Selur

Hello
In principle, Menu meters works identically on both Macs, but I have to check (with and without). Unfortunately, I do not go home until Wednesday night and can not do these tests before Thursday. I will give you the results at that time.