This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First steps with Hybrid
Okis.Thanks Selur  Wink
Hello Selur,

I wanted to tell you if it would be possible to implement a function in Hybrid that would be very useful.

That would consist of Hybrid being able to import all the parameters of an encode already made in the past.

That is, an option that lets you choose a file (HEVC or MKV), and "parse" the "Encoding settings" section where all the encoding parameters used appear, and then set all of them in the same way in Hybrid.

Thanks and regards! Wink
For x264 there's "x264->Misc->Imports/Additions->Mediainfo->import", haven't implemented such an option for x265, but you could use Mis2x265 as a helper to get a basic idea about what the command line should look like.
That said: Be aware that using the same encoding settings to reencode a file usually isn't a good idea. Since the source isn't the same unless you used lossless encoding.

Cu Selur
OK, thanks a lot!  Wink

I will take a look at the Mis2x265 tool, thank you very much.
Although I see that it is very old. I do not know how it will behave today.

One last question:
In the same way that this function is implemented in Hybrid for x264, would it be possible to implement it also for x265? (I also understand that much of the code would already be programmed in Mis2x265 and then it could be reused)

Thanks and regards!

P.S. About what you tell me, thank you very much for the advice, but don't worry!

I would never reuse the same encoding settings in different sources. It would be to use it with the same source, for example to reencode it again with Dolby Vision, or reencode it again using another angle in another language, etc.
Quote:In the same way that this function is implemented in Hybrid for x264, would it be possible to implement it also for x265?
In theory it's possible I simple haven't found the time. Smile

Quote:Although I see that it is very old. I do not know how it will behave today.
it should at least map the main options and report the unkown options.

Main problem is that it's a lot of work to test how the mapping between SEI info and command line option is.

Cu Selur
Anyway, thank you very much Mr. Selur  Big Grin
Hello Mr. Selur good evening, I wanted to ask you if this plugins could be attached to the Hybrid program http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DGTonemap

Thank you very much and I continue to use your program a lot  Wink
DGToneMap is supported in Vapoursynth under "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Color->HDR to SDR->HDR to SDR (DG)".
Atm. I don't plan to support HDR->SDR for Avisynth, but you could add it in a Custom section if you really need it through Avisynth.

Cu Selur
(31.10.2021, 01:00)murriato Wrote: Hello Mr. Selur good evening, I wanted to ask you if this plugins could be attached to the Hybrid program http://avisynth.nl/index.php/DGTonemap

Thank you very much and I continue to use your program a lot  Wink

Thanks Mr. Selur right now this and doing tests with Vapoursynth if I see that it does not work for me I will notify you to add it to
Avisynth  Wink