This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MKVMerge Crashing before muxing
I emailed you about some issues I came across in Hybrid, one being the change in dependencies, but that was probably a day after you put out the newest update, so late as usual. lol

Anyway, MKVMerge has been randomly crashing on me, usually before muxing can begin, and I know it was something I did. It's only taken me a few months to realize that the sidebar warns that certain settings need to be configured before loading any source material, and changing some settings afterwards will simply be ignored, if I understand the basics of the info.

I think where I screwed up was that sometimes when re-encoding multiple files, I would set the default flags under the subtitles and audio tabs, highlight and load multiple files and add them to the jobs list. Then because the set default flag is grayed out, I would forget that I set it, go into config, automation tab, and under Matroska Settings, check to pass-through the default and forced flags from the original source material. There's no warning or error message and jobs are created successfully. I was thinking that if one option doesn't automatically override the other, maybe that is what is causing the job(s) to crash. I'm testing it now with a batch of files/jobs set to pass-through default and forced flags with no flags set under the audio or subtitles tabs, and so far no crashed jobs yet. So hopefully it was just a stupid mistake on my part.