This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan
Got the call fixed and I guess it works here and not for you since I got the 10.2 CUDA SDK installed.
(https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads)
-> send you the new link via pm
Unless there is a way to include just a bunch of dlls to make this workable the next public release will not support waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan since bundeling a 2.8GB SDK is just no option

Cu Selur
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
Nope, doesn't seem to be the SDK, uninstalled all NVIDIA stuff aside from:
  • NVIDIA Control Panel
  • NVIDIA Geforce Experience 3.20.2.34
  • NVIDIA Grafic Drivers 442.50
  • NVIDIA HD-Audio Drivers 1.3.38.21
  • NVIDIA PysX-Systemsoftware 9.19.0218
which should all come with the normal NVIDIA installer iirc.

Cu Selur
(03.03.2020, 06:08)Selur Wrote: send you a link to a dev version for testing yesterday, would be nice if you can do some testing with it. Smile

(03.03.2020, 18:52)Selur Wrote: Nope, doesn't seem to be the SDK, uninstalled all NVIDIA stuff aside from:
  • NVIDIA Control Panel
  • NVIDIA Geforce Experience 3.20.2.34
  • NVIDIA Grafic Drivers 442.50
  • NVIDIA HD-Audio Drivers 1.3.38.21
  • NVIDIA PysX-Systemsoftware 9.19.0218
which should all come with the normal NVIDIA installer iirc.

Cu Selur

Perhaps wrong thread? And what I was saying before about the GPU id was that changing it did not fix the issue I was having, but the new dev build you sent me works perfectly. Sadly I don't see much of a difference betwween the vulkan build of Waifu2x compared to the version already being shipped with Hybrid, and both versions are 16x slower than NNEDI3 with the video I'm currently processing, and thats with the highest settings of NNEDI3 enabled, 48x6 neighborhood and 256 nuerons. My expectations have been subverted
Quote:but the new dev build you sent me works perfectly.
nice Smile

Quote:Sadly I don't see much of a difference betwween the vulkan build of Waifu2x compared to the version already being shipped with Hybrid
I didn't expect much anyways. AI based resizing is simply slow (especially when done by the cpu) and quality is mainly defined by the models used.

Cu Selur
(04.03.2020, 18:44)Selur Wrote:
Quote:but the new dev build you sent me works perfectly.
nice Smile

Quote:Sadly I don't see much of a difference betwween the vulkan build of Waifu2x compared to the version already being shipped with Hybrid
I didn't expect much anyways. AI based resizing is simply slow (especially when done by the cpu) and quality is mainly defined by the models used.

Cu Selur
I've been using waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan in VapourSynth for a while. It works fine, the GPU acceleration also works, So I think the dev version with waifu2x-ncnn would work for me. Would you be kind enough to send me the dev version? Thanks a lot.
send you a link via pm

Cu Selur
(11.03.2020, 18:53)Selur Wrote: send you a link via pm

Cu Selur
I've tried the dev version. The speed of waifu2x nvk increased dramatically compared to w2xc (in my case from about 0.66FPS by w2xc to over 1.06FPS by nvk). But when the resize value is set to the same as the original, waifu2x nvk seems not to work. I wonder if this is a problem of waifu2x nvk or it is your setting to avoid it. It would be nicer to have 1x working for denoise purpose.
Haven't implemented support for using waifu2x nvk just as denoiser since I haven't had the time to do so. Smile

Cu Selur