This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cut support - Issue with audio not being cut
Hi,

I know this is a new feature that may have bugs, but I can't seem to make this work at all and don't see it mentioned here. The cut support option never cuts audio for me. I'm recording VHS tapes, which have a lot of stuff at the beginning and end that I want to remove, so I was hoping I could use the cut feature for this. Unfortunately what seems to happen every time I try to use cut, is that the audio file is the same audio file, but only the video is cut.

That is the audio starts at the beginning of the input, regardless of where the video is. Is this a known bug? I'm using Huffyuv compressed video with PCM audio (if it matters).

I did try and search the forums, but I can't see this mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks for great software Smile
Are you just cutting or are you also converting the audio to another format?
Some details and a debug output level 9 of the job creation might help.
Can't try to reproduce and fix the issue if I don't know that you are doing.

Cu Selur
I did a 'blind-test' trying to reproduce the issue without really knowing what you did,..

What I did:
  1. create a 60 seconds avi(huffyuv/pcm file) using ffmpeg.
  2. Start Hybrid
  3. enable 'Config->Cut Support'
  4. load the 60secondsHuffHD.avi file into Hybrid
  5. set 'x264->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode' to 'constatn rate factor (1-pass)' and applied 'x264->base->Restriction Settings->Preset->ultrafast'
  6. set 'Base->Processing->Cut->start' to '00:00:10.000' and 'Base->Processing->Cut->end' to '00:00:50.000'
  7. set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'custom'
  8. enabled 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options'
  9. set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options'
  10. pressed 'Audio->Base->Add current' (to add the audio settings to the audio queue)
  11. set an output file (test.mp4 under Base->Output file)
  12. pressed 'Base->Add to queue'
  13. disabled 'Jobs->queue->Minimize job command line' to look at the calls.
First the audio extraction call:
ffmpeg -y -threads 8 -i "E:\Test\60secondsHuffHD.avi" -map 0:1 -vn -sn -ss 00:00:10.000 -t 00:00:40.000 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -acodec pcm_s16le -f wav -map_metadata -1 -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2020.04.04.1" "E:\Temp\iId_2_aid_0_DELAY_-53ms_07_53_04_9410_01.wav"
properly set the cut times.
then the video encoding call:
ffmpeg -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "E:\test\60secondsHuffHD.avi" -map 0:0 -an -sn -ss 00:00:10.000 -t 00:00:40.000 -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0  -f rawvideo - | x264 --preset ultrafast --crf 18.00 --profile high --level 4.1 --scenecut 0 --sync-lookahead 24 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer raw --input-res 1920x1080 --input-csp i420 --input-range tv --input-depth 8 --fps 24000/1001 --output-depth 8 --output "E:\Temp\07_53_04_9410_04.264" -
which also properly set the cut times.

-> Without detailed information what you are doing I can't reproduce the issue.

Cu Selur
I have the settings stored as default. So I'm only:

1. adding the video file
2. Setting my crop (14 on all sides, then letter boxed)
3. Adding audio to queue.
4. Setting my cut
5. setting output file.
6. Clicking the "man at work" to start the job.

>Are you just cutting or are you also converting the audio to another format?

The audio is PCM 48khz, and I'm changing it to AAC 192kbps 44100khz.

>Some details and a debug output level 9 of the job creation might help.

attached!

I think everything's in the debug log, but if you want to know anything else let me know!
You didn't attach a debug output,... thus the steps don't help since they are not detailed enough to make anything of them without the debug output,..
(05.04.2020, 14:45)Selur Wrote: You didn't attach a debug output,... thus the steps don't help since they are not detailed enough to make anything of them without the debug output,..

Attempt 2....

EDIT: The attach isn't working for some reason. Here's a firefox send link: https://send.firefox.com/download/5a7391...9x8Ic3U8Ng
That one worked:
Looking at the audio extraction call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\kevin\Desktop\VHS project\FINALLY CAPTURING FOLDER\Input files\Friends final setup RAW.avi" -map 0:1 -vn -sn -ss 00:01:00.000 -t 00:19:00.000 -ac 2 -ar 48000 -acodec pcm_s16le -f wav -map_metadata -1 -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2020.02.19.1" "C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_DELAY_-43ms_13_21_42_4010_01.wav"
Audio should get cut.
The Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import os
import sys
import ctypes
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/CTMF/CTMF.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/VagueDenoiser/VagueDenoiser.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FluxSmooth/libfluxsmooth.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/FFT3DFilter/fft3dfilter.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/vsznedi3.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/temporalsoften.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/FFMS2/ffms2.dll")
# Import scripts
import mvsfunc
import havsfunc
# Loading source using FFMS2
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="C:/Users/kevin/Desktop/VHSPRO~1/FINALL~1/INPUTF~1/FRIEND~1.AVI",cachefile="C:/Users/kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/13_21_42_4010.ffindex",format=vs.YUV422P8,alpha=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# cutting from 1500 with 30000 frames - WARNING: This might cause synch issues
clip = core.std.Trim(clip=clip, first=1500, length=28500)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Faster", TFF=True, InputType=0, TR2=0, Sharpness=1.0, SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2)
# make sure content is preceived as frame based
clip = core.std.SetFieldBased(clip, 0)
clip = clip[::2]
# cropping the video to 692x548
clip = core.std.CropRel(clip=clip, left=14, right=14, top=14, bottom=14)
# removing grain using STPresso
clip = havsfunc.STPresso(clp=clip)
# denoising using VagueDenoiser
clip = core.vd.VagueDenoiser(clip=clip, threshold=5.00, nsteps=6)
# deringing using HQDeringmod
clip = havsfunc.HQDeringmod(clip, nrmode=2, darkthr=3.0)
# letterboxing to 720x576
# Letterbox
clip = core.std.AddBorders(clip=clip, left=14, right=14, top=14, bottom=14)
# adjusting output color from: YUV422P8 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8, range_s="limited")
# Output
clip.set_output()
Looks fine.

BUT,...
Hybrid doesn't support cutting when Vapoursynth is used atm. Smile
-> I'll look whether I can add a quick 'hack' for this.

Cu Selur
Just looked at it again, I already added cut support to Vapoursynth:
# cutting from 1500 with 30000 frames - WARNING: This might cause synch issues
clip = core.std.Trim(clip=clip, first=1500, length=28500)
So according to the debug output, the cut should work.
Video is cut in the Vapoursynth script.
Audio is cut upon extraction and that extracted audio is the audio which gets reencoded:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_DELAY_-43ms_13_21_42_4010_01.wav" -strict -2 -ab 192000 -ac 2 -channel_layout stereo -ar 48000 "C:\Users\kevin\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_DELAY_-43ms_13_21_42_4010_02.aac"

Cu Selur

ps.: didn't implement it for Avisynth
Well it's completely out of sync? It's hard to say exactly how much, but we're talking minutes.
No clue why it would be out of sync that much unless your source if vfr or either the audio or video decoder has issues with the source.
I don't see any indication in the log where the problem could be.
-> this and similar effects is why the whole cutting support is marked as *experimental*
I don't see a way to fix it in Hybrid.

Cu Selur