This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] try to use MSharpen but no effect
when i setting like this, using x264, the encoded file seems no any sharpen effect at all

[Image: 6Uv4S.jpg]

the test file is
https://c-t.work/s/6c4c648d151441
You did blindly set the values, didn't you?
1. Use the Vaporsynth preview to see what effects your settings have.
2. Use a lower threshold.

Cu Selur
(13.04.2020, 07:25)Selur Wrote: You did blindly set the values, didn't you?
1. Use the Vaporsynth preview to see what effects your settings have.
2. Use a lower threshold.

Cu Selur

yeah. i set a few parameters, but no obvious effect, so i try to set the max value to see what will happen.

but whether a lower threshold or higher threshold, there are no diffenece when encoded, why?
No clue, what you are doing here the filter clearly has an effect.
I made three encodings:
First one without MSharpen (noMSharpen.mp4), second one (MSharpen_threshold6_strength39.mp4) with the default values in MSharpen for threshold (6) and strength (39)  and the third (MSharpen_threshold6_strength100.mp4) one with the default threshold (6) and a strength of 100.

Attached the results, they all differ.
Unless you disabled Vapoursynth after settings the filter settings by:
a. setting "Filtering->Support" to "noXSynth"
or
b. using NVEncC and enabling "Only use encoder"
my only guess is that you simply don't see the difference which is why I was refering to the "Vapoursynth preview" earlier.

Cu Selur
(13.04.2020, 15:52)Selur Wrote: No clue, what you are doing here the filter clearly has an effect.
I made three encodings:
First one without MSharpen (noMSharpen.mp4), second one (MSharpen_threshold6_strength39.mp4) with the default values in MSharpen for threshold (6) and strength (39)  and the third (MSharpen_threshold6_strength100.mp4) one with the default threshold (6) and a strength of 100.

Attached the results, they all differ.
Unless you disabled Vapoursynth after settings the filter settings by:
a. setting "Filtering->Support" to "noXSynth"
or
b. using NVEncC and enabling "Only use encoder"
my only guess is that you simply don't see the difference which is why I was refering to the "Vapoursynth preview" earlier.

Cu Selur

i downloaded , and seems the effect is not very significant, MSharpen_threshold6_strength100.mp4 can see the effect a little, maybe MSharpen is not what i expected, so which filter sharpen picture with significant effect? because i think when using sharpen the quality seems a little more clearly
Which sharpen filter is the best suited depends on you likings and your content.
Personally I usually do only mild sharpening if useful using 'FineSharp' or 'LimitedSharpen-Faster-Mod', but what you want/need is really something you have to figure you. No clue what you want/like. Quality always is in the eye of the beholder.

Cu Selur
(13.04.2020, 16:28)Selur Wrote: Which sharpen filter is the best suited depends on you likings and your content.
Personally I usually do only mild sharpening if useful using 'FineSharp' or 'LimitedSharpen-Faster-Mod', but what you want/need is really something you have to figure you. No clue what you want/like. Quality always is in the eye of the beholder.

Cu Selur

OK, thanks for help.