This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to only reduce bitrate on 4k videos
Hi, greetings from Spain. I'm a newbie Hybrid user, so forgive my ignorance. What I need is just to reduce the bitrate of 4K videos while preserving their characteristics (HDR, Dolby Vision-less important, profile, space color, etc.) without changes. I don't care about audios or subtitles, I just need to change the bitrate. I would appreciate if you could indicate a setting or a guide to be able to do this. Thank you very much in advance.
No clue about a guide. I haven't written one and nobody told me about one they have written.
Dolby Vision can be created but not reencode with Hybrid since I don't know of any free decoder that Hybrid could use to decode Dolby Vision content. (Don't know of any way to playback Dolby Vision content on PCs properly aside from Dolby Authoring Software.)

For HDR and HDR-10+ you need to:
a. use a H.265 encoder with Main10 profile and 10 bit depth precision
b. make sure that the HDR and color settings are the same as your source.
In case you use x265 as encoder HDR and color settings are under:
x265->Signaling->General Signaling->HDR
x265->Signaling->Video Usability Information
x265->Signaling->HDR-10/HDR-10+
In case of HDR-10+ you need to extract the dynamic info (Hybrid does not do this) and provide it under x265->Signaling->HDR-10/HDR-10+->Dynamic HDR-10+

Cu Selur