This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Out of bounds frame requested
Quote:does changing Pretetch/Threads to 4 change anything?
I did not change these settings. In Hybrid_2020.02.19.1.1 this setting is 0 by default.
In the last version is 4 by default. This is right? I am have Intel Xeon E5 1650 v2 with 6 cores.
Threading was always 0 by default, which causes Hybrid to set it according to the detected cpu count. (read tool-tip for details)

Did some testing,...
What I did:
  1. Start Hybrid
  2. Set "Filtering->Support" to "Avisynth"
  3. Load the "t2s" file you provided
  4. Enable "Fitlering->Fiter view"
  5. Start "Filtering->Avisynth (Filter) Preview"
  6. Move the slider in the Preview to the middle of the stream and wait for the preview to catch up
This did take quite long, but I got no errors.
Used the slider to jump through the stream a few times more and again it took a really long time, but no errors.
Tried DGDecNV, FFVideo- and LWLibavVideoSource they all show the same effect.
Enabling Hardware Decoding for LWLibavVideoSource didn't help either.
I also tried opening and scrolling through the script using Avspmod which showed the same effect.
Using TDeint instead of QTGMC shortened the slider moving quite a lot.

My guess is that the main problems are:
a. Avisynth can't jump through the source without always starting at the beginning od the source and decoding the frames from the start till the point you want to go in.
b. QTGMC slows down considerably since it always uses a bunch of frame before and after and thus jumps inside the source.

Some more testing showed that removing the 'PrevGlobals="Replace"' part from the QTGMC call did also help a lot here. This was added to allow multiple QTGMC instance in a single script.
->I'll look into it.

Cu Selur
Does the issue also happen for you if you use the 'Avisynth Preview' and not the 'Avisynth Filter Preview' ?

-----
If the problem is only the "Avisynth Filter View" it is probably because it applies QTGMC two times:
1st on the Source
2nd on the FilteredSource
SourceFiltered = Source
Source = Source.AssumeTFF()
Source = Source.QTGMC(Preset="Fast", ediThreads=2, PrevGlobals="Reuse")# added PrevGlobals="Reuse" to handle multiple QTGMC instances
Source = Source.SelectEven()
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.AssumeTFF()
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.QTGMC(Preset="Fast", ediThreads=2, PrevGlobals="Reuse")# added PrevGlobals="Reuse" to handle multiple QTGMC instances
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.SelectEven()
in old versions Hybrid used:
Source = Source.AssumeTFF()
Source = Source.QTGMC(Preset="Fast", ediThreads=2)
SourceFiltered = Source
instead of the above which speeds up things a log, but caused crashes whenever a filter was applied before the deinterlacing which easily happens if the user changes the filter order.
So in order to avoid that problem Hybrid switched to appying the deinterlacer separately on the source and the filtered source.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I still don't get the "FFVideoSource: Out of bounds frame requested" here.
Regarding the "FFVideoSource: Out of bounds frame requested" try replacing
  • Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\ffms.dll
  • Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\ffmsindex.exe
with the x86 files from: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyabrt1jkm....2.7z/file

Also does using 'LWLibavVideoSource' instead of 'FFVideoSource' work fine for you?

Cu Selur
This file is interlaced formally, in fact, the Top and Bottom fields are identical (the picture in them is not shifted in time). This can be easily verified by opening this file in Virtual Dub and opening Filters - Bob Doubler - Deinterlacing Method - None - Alternate Fields.
So I turn the Force and Auto Deinterlaser off and check Overwrite input scan type to progressive.
However, I tried this time to include different deinterlacers, but with the same result.

When I check LibavVideoSource instead of FFmpegSource - Avisynth Preview began to work without this error!

Quote:Does the issue also happen for you if you use the 'Avisynth Preview' and not the 'Avisynth Filter Preview' ?

No difference, still same error.

Quote:Regarding the "FFVideoSource: Out of bounds frame requested" try replacing

After this, Avisynth Preview working without this error in both modes: FFVideoSource and LibavVideoSource.

Please try to remux this file using ffmpeg in mkv and then open it in the mediainfo and pay attention to the frame rate.
I think, that the same input filter is used in the mkvtoolnix.
I try to remux this file using mkvtoolnix, then open mkv file in Mediainfo and and see this:

Quote:Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Original frame rate : 25.000 FPS

I made a request about this problem, but Moritz Bunkus did not give a solution to this problem ...
Wrong FPS or Duration for interlaced source
Okay, so the "FFVideoSource: Out of bounds frame requested" issue is fixed, since it's a problem with ffms2 and your system and both switching to LibavVideoSource  and using an older ffms2 fixes the issue.
---
This file is interlaced formally, in fact, the Top and Bottom fields are identical (the picture in them is not shifted in time). This can be easily verified by opening this file in Virtual Dub and opening Filters - Bob Doubler - Deinterlacing Method - None - Alternate Fields.
Then you should use a Fieldmatcher in Hybrid. In case of Avisynth: "Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Field matching".
Quote:So I turn the Force and Auto Deinterlaser off and check Overwrite input scan type to progressive.
Progressive sources and field shifted sources are different things!

I have no clue what mkvtoolnix and ffmpeg have to do with this.

Cu Selur
Quote:Then you should use a Fieldmatcher in Hybrid. In case of Avisynth: "Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Field matching".
Quote:TFM is a field matching filter that recovers the original progressive frames from a telecined stream.
Quote from http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC/TFM. This is intended for restore progressive 23,976 fms from interlaced 29,970 fms. Not is in case 25,000 fms?
You are not using TFM in combination with TIVTC, but you only use it on its own.
TIVTC uses ad filed matcher and then a decimator:
Quote:
  • is a field matching filter that will recreate the original progressive frames in a telecined source, and TDecimate is a decimation filter that removes duplicates. These filters can be used together to achieve an IVTC or separately to accomplish other tasks.
  • TDecimate also provides special options for handling hybrid material which include VFR via Matroska (using a timecodes file) and blend decimation/upconversion for CFR solutions.
source: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC

Cu Selur
tell me what options to use for my case?

Mode: 2 way match

PP: find/hint combed frames but don't deinterlace
the defaults should be fine