This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid and Sleep
I have just built a "new" Windows 10 based PC (based on an old HP Server) and one of things I wanted to use was "sleep" overnight, as I generally leave my PC on 24x7 and the electricity costs are astronomical.

I did think that Hybird might be a problem (especially when re-encoding), but I have used Sleep countless times over the last few weeks (at times when Hybrid is idle) and not had a single problem.. In general, I have Hybrid running but not always encoding and sleep works fine... Until today.

Last night I put the PC to sleep and came down this morning to find it running which I thought was odd... So I tried to manaually sleep and nothing happened.

When I looked at the powerconfig requests, I see:
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\BIG APPS\Hybrid\Hybrid.exe

AWAYMODE:

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

So I killed Hybrid, the PC will now sleep.

I have done a bit more playing and discovered something..

When you first lanch Hybrid the Powerconfig requests show:
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

When you add/start a job it does this (so clearly Hybrid intentionally blocks sleep which is good):
SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\rdbss
A file has been opened across the network. File name: [\192.168.1.3\video\TEST\test-Converted with Hybrid_10_34_48_0110_01.stats.temp] Process ID: [15132]
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\rdbss
A file has been opened across the network. File name: [\192.168.1.3\video\TEST\test-Converted with Hybrid_10_34_48_0110_01.stats.mbtree.temp] Process ID: [15132]

AWAYMODE:

But when the job finishes, or you kill/remove it, it goes back to this and prevents sleep:
DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:

AWAYMODE:

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

- Are there any settings relating to "sleep" in Hybrid?
- Why is Hybrid blocking sleep when its not doing anything?
- Why has this started now, when I have put the PC in sleep countless times before now?

Is this expected behavour? Do I simply need to kill Hybrid when its not in use? Or is there a reason why this is happening?

As always thanks in advance for any help.

Jon
Learn to use 'quote' and 'code' tag, your post was unreadable,...
-> I edited your post

Quote:When you add/start a job it does this (so clearly Hybrid intentionally blocks sleep which is good):
No it doesn't. Windows blocks the sleep since there are non-local files open in write more. (This is nothing Hybrid does actively.)
Also Hybrid has no control over those files during an encoding as they are controlled by the encoder during the encoding.

Quote:Are there any settings relating to "sleep" in Hybrid?
"Job->Misc->On queue finished" can be set to Hibernate.
Other than that: No.

Quote:Why is Hybrid blocking sleep when its not doing anything?
No clue, since Hybrid isn't actively doing anything to prevent sleep/shutdown/...

Quote:Why has this started now, when I have put the PC in sleep countless times before now?
Since I haven't changed any code that from my point could be related for years, my guess is Windows changed something with a recent update.

Quote:Is this expected behavour?
No, but it also was never indented either. Smile

Quote:Do I simply need to kill Hybrid when its not in use?
If you want to tell Hybrid to close once it's finished, set "Job->Misc->On queue finished" to 'close'.

Quote:Or is there a reason why this is happening?
No clue how Windows decides whether a program prevents it from hibernating.

Cu Selur
Cheers.. Sorry about the Quotes.. I was in the middle of doing reboots/sleeps to test this, so I never actually saw the format.

Its odd that this just started out of the blue.. For almost 2 weeks I have been sleeping many times per day and Hybrid has ALWAYS been running..

I can live with this obviously and the setting to shut down Hybrid after finishing might help (I must admit, I never even noticed the "misc" tab before now).,.. But its odd how this started out of nowhere.. As you say, perhaps a Windows update did this.

Not to worry.. I was just asking if there was any knowledge, tools or features that might help

Thanks

Jon