This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid Encoder does NOT run(Error 0xc000007b)
Exclamation 
Specs:
     Hybrid v2020.05.01.1
     Windows 7(64bit)
Events:
     Simply clicking the shortcut icon on the decktop gives this error message.
     "Hybrid.exe - Application Error"
     "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."
     "Click OK to close the application."
Additional Info: 
     The program was recently downloaded in the main website.
     It cannot be executed even if the exe is run by clicking it on the folder itself.
Efforts Made:
     I recently searched this in youtube and they said that I have few missing dlls.
     I downloaded the said dlls and place it on the c:/windows and nothing happened.
     There was a tip added that the dlls should be in the same folder in the exe but still nothing happen.
Hmm,.....
  • dlls shouldn't be downloaded blindly
  • on a 64bit Windows dlls:
    • 32bit dlls belong into the 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64'-folder
    • 64bit dlls belong into the 'C:\Windows\System32'-folder
Also Hybrid is meant to not rely on external dlls, if there are missing dlls it's a bug.
Also if dlls are missing install the runtime package they belong to and do not install dlls on their own.

Is your Windows 7 system up-to-date?
As far as I know Hybrid should work fine on an up-to-date Windows 7 install.

Since I don't have a Windows 7 system any more I used an old Windows 8.1 VM, tried Hybrid v2020.05.01.1 there and it started without a problem. (and that system has no additional run times installed)

Cu Selur

Ps.: just to be sure: do not run Hybrid with admin rights, only the installer needs them and Hybrid is not developed with admin rights in mind, so do not run Hybrid with admin rights.
PPs.: hopefully this thread gets read by another Windows 7 user who can report whether Hybrid works for him fine without any additional runtime installations or not.
(28.05.2020, 20:19)Selur Wrote: Hmm,.....
  • dlls shouldn't be downloaded blindly
  • on a 64bit Windows dlls:
    • 32bit dlls belong into the 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64'-folder
    • 64bit dlls belong into the 'C:\Windows\System32'-folder
Also Hybrid is meant to not rely on external dlls, if there are missing dlls it's a bug.
Also if dlls are missing install the runtime package they belong to and do not install dlls on their own.

Is your Windows 7 system up-to-date?
As far as I know Hybrid  should work fine on an up-to-date Windows 7 install.

Since I don't have a Windows 7 system any more I used an old Windows 8.1 VM, tried Hybrid v2020.05.01.1 there and it started without a problem. (and that system has no additional run times installed)

Cu Selur

Ps.: just to be sure: do not run Hybrid with admin rights, only the installer needs them and Hybrid is not developed with admin rights in mind, so do not run Hybrid with admin rights.
PPs.: hopefully this thread gets read by another Windows 7 user who can report whether Hybrid works for him fine without any additional runtime installations or not.

2 Days ago, I just downloaded an update worth 1.2GB.
This is because the computer wasn't updated since the June 2015.
Apparently, My OS was at least service pack 2 or even 1 as the downloaded files on the windows update labeled it "Service Pack 3".

As I click the shortcut on the desktop, it took a while to start and loaded many things.
I am not sure though if it is only like that in the beginning since I came here after it ran successfully.
I think I may find some documentaries in this program to read.

Thank You for the quick response and accurate solutions.
On the first start Hybrid checks the versions and availability of all tools it can use, so it's normal that the 1st start takes a while.

Cu Selur