This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] QTGMC for AviSynth - Frame count halved, Source Matching & Lossless are broken
Bug 
I'm working with a PAL DVD that is flagged as interlaced (which is typical) that has mostly progressive content but does also have some interlaced content. (It's the Vincent & Theo miniseries... the beginning footage of the Christie's auction is interlaced, as well as the end credits.)

In Hybrid 2020.05.01.1, with QTGMC enabled in AviSynth:

- The frame count is halved, regardless of what settings are used for QTGMC. (Frame count reported by Hybrid is correct, but it appears to discard every other frame, and after the halfway point all frames render as black.)

- Enabling Source Matching distorts the frame; in preview mode it results in a very long delay before the distorted frame renders.

- Enabling Lossless also distorts the frame; it's a sort of "scanline" effect. It doesn't have the long delay in preview mode as above.

- Enabling both Source Matching and Lossless distort the frame, and have the very long delay in preview mode.

Please see this imgur album to see the options selected and the distortions. (I meant to have Sharpness at 0.0 for all of them but it was on 1.0 for a couple; it has no effect on the issue so I didn't fix it for the imgur post. Tongue )

I tested this in the previous version of Hybrid (2020.02.19.1) and the problem is not present there... everything works as expected.

I also tested this in Vapoursynth and the problem is also not present there either.

I can provide the source video privately to you if you need it.
No clue what script looks like and what your other settings are.

Quote:- Enabling Source Matching distorts the frame; in preview mode it results in a very long delay before the distorted frame render

- Enabling Lossless also distorts the frame; it's a sort of "scanline" effect. It doesn't have the long delay in preview mode as above.

- Enabling both Source Matching and Lossless distort the frame, and have the very long delay in preview mode.
Neither of those doesn't happen here.

Might have already fixed that a while ago will send you a link to my current dev version via PM later.

Cu Selur
I'll try the dev build.

Sorry I forgot to post the AviSynth script:

LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\LoadDll.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\AddGrainC.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\dfttest.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\EEDI2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\eedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\FFT3DFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\TDeint.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\PlanarTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\MedianBlur2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\nnedi3.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\nnedi2.dll")
LoadCPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\yadif.dll")
LoadDLL("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\libfftw3f-3.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\QTGMC.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\SMDegrain.avsi")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\AnimeIVTC.avsi")
SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", MT_MULTI_INSTANCE)
# loading source: E:\USER\fin\VincentTheo\DVD Mux\Part1.mpg
#  input color sampling YV12
#  input luminance scale tv
MPEG2Source(d2v="\mpg_d64e7d2bf276eb9223b522285eefb2af_853323747.d2v")
# current resolution: 720x576
# deinterlacing
AssumeTFF()
QTGMC(Preset="Placebo", InputType=0, TR2=0, Sharpness=0.0, SourceMatch=3, Lossless=2, ediThreads=2, PrevGlobals="Replace")
SelectEven()
# filtering
PreFetch(4)
return last

UPDATE
OK, tried the dev build and the problem is not present, so you must have fixed it at some point in the dev cycle for the next version. Smile