This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth preview error
Avisynth preview error: -> Could not allocate video frame. Out of memory. memory_max = 1073741824, memory_used = 460782005 Request=66355200
Avisynth preview error: couldn't convert image data to pixmap,.. (0)
Hybrid uses 32bit Avisynth+ which is restricted in how much memory it uses.
Since switching to Avisynth+ 64bit would mean dropping support for: see: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=181022
I have no plan to switching to 64bit Avisynth.

Looking at your script:
ClearAutoloadDirs()
LoadCPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\ffms2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\despot.dll")
SetFilterMTMode("DEFAULT_MT_MODE", MT_MULTI_INSTANCE)
# loading source: I:\!_Video\704.mp4
#  input color sampling YV12@8, matrix:Rec.709
#  input luminance scale tv
Source = FFVideoSource("I:\!_Video\704.mp4",cachefile="C:\Windows\Temp\mp4_d0e32cc26616a0761a8b137f28dbba5d_853323747_1_0.ffindex",fpsnum=30,colorspace="YV12")
# cutting from 0 with 42722 frames - WARNING: This might cause synch issues
Source = Source.Trim(0, 42722)
# current resolution: 3840x2160
# filtering
# despotting using DeSpot
SourceFiltered = Source
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.DeSpot(median=false,p2=22,seg=2,mheight=15,interlaced=false)
# stacking horizontal for filter preview
# adjust color to RGB32
SourceFiltered = SourceFiltered.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
Source = Source.ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
StackHorizontal(Source, SourceFiltered)
PreFetch(6)
return last
the only real way I see to lower the memory consumption would be to:
a. enable 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Miscellaneous->AvisynthPlus limit memory' and try different values for 'Memory max'
b. use a lower MT-Thread count by setting 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Miscellaneous->MT-Threads' to a value like 2 and if that does not help use 'Disable MT' to disable threading through Avisynth (filters itself might still use threading)
If the source&filter combination you chose (4k video + DeSpot) still crashes with, I can only advice to either try using Vapoursynth or look for another tool than Hybrid.

Cu Selur