This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] dvd iso to x264
Yes I know you like lots of info.
I dont get a crash or anything.
After I convert a dvd_iso to X264
The result video won't play past the halfway mark.. but the audio will.
I am using the deinterlace.
I'll send more info if needed im assuming this is something y'all have heard of before.
Thank you.=)
Would need a debug output to see some detailed info what is going on.
(What filters, settings command lines are used, what length Hybrid assumes for the streams,..)

Cu Selur
[attachment=98]
Of course ding-bat that I am, I can't figure out how
to drop the zip'd debug here =(
I'll e-mail it to ya.
BTW im kinda a newb, debug thing is new, forum thing is new
but i see you've been keeping
this going forever. Thanks!

AH.. figured out the attachment!!! Yay me.
soz 4 the e-mail
Okay, looking at the debug output.
I see the source is NTSC and you applied IVTC (going from 29.976 to 23.976). So far so good.
The output frame count should be ~62490 (input frame count: ~ 78113). Seems good. (~43min playtime, which seems to be correct judging by the chapter markers)
Don't know what the output frame count of the encoding call was, but the calls look fine.
Only thin gstrange is taht you use such a high bitrate. 20000 kBit/s for an SD source seems to be too much. Smile
Encoding call looks fine:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_13_10_39_2810.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --preset slow --pass 2 --bitrate 20000 --profile high --level 4.1 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 8:9 --qpfile "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_13_10_39_2810_06.qp" --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --stats "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_13_10_39_2810_07.stats" --demuxer y4m  --fps 24000/1001 --output "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\13_10_39_2810_08.264" -
The used Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/d2vSource/libd2vsource.dll")
# Loading P:\VIDEO_TS using D2VSource
clip = core.d2v.Source(input="C:/Users/Jack/AppData/Local/Temp/13_10_39_2810.d2v", rff=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# Making sure input color range is set to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
clip = core.vivtc.VFM(clip=clip, order=0, field=2, mode=1, mchroma=True, cthresh=9, mi=80, chroma=True, blockx=16, blocky=16, y0=16, y1=16, scthresh=12, micmatch=1, micout=False)
clip = core.vivtc.VDecimate(clip=clip, cycle=5, chroma=True, dupthresh=1.1, scthresh=15, blockx=16, blocky=16)
# Output
clip.set_output()
looks fine too.
Chapter file look fine too.

Quote:The result video won't play past the halfway mark
-> What's the play time at that point ~43min or ~20min?

Does the Vapoursynth Preview show the full clip?

Cu Selur
(14.11.2017, 21:45)Selur Wrote: Okay, looking at the debug output.
I see the source is NTSC and you applied IVTC (going from 29.976 to 23.976). So far so good.
The output frame count should be ~62490 (input frame count: ~ 78113). Seems good. (~43min playtime, which seems to be correct judging by the chapter markers)
Don't know what the output frame count of the encoding call was, but the calls look fine.
Only thin gstrange is taht you use such a high bitrate. 20000 kBit/s for an SD source seems to be too much. Smile
Encoding call looks fine:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_13_10_39_2810.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --preset slow --pass 2 --bitrate 20000 --profile high --level 4.1 --psy-rd 1.00:0.15 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --sar 8:9 --qpfile "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_13_10_39_2810_06.qp" --deblock -1:-1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --stats "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_13_10_39_2810_07.stats" --demuxer y4m  --fps 24000/1001 --output "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\13_10_39_2810_08.264" -
The used Vapoursynth script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/d2vSource/libd2vsource.dll")
# Loading P:\VIDEO_TS using D2VSource
clip = core.d2v.Source(input="C:/Users/Jack/AppData/Local/Temp/13_10_39_2810.d2v", rff=False)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# Making sure input color range is set to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
clip = core.vivtc.VFM(clip=clip, order=0, field=2, mode=1, mchroma=True, cthresh=9, mi=80, chroma=True, blockx=16, blocky=16, y0=16, y1=16, scthresh=12, micmatch=1, micout=False)
clip = core.vivtc.VDecimate(clip=clip, cycle=5, chroma=True, dupthresh=1.1, scthresh=15, blockx=16, blocky=16)
# Output
clip.set_output()
looks fine too.
Chapter file look fine too.

Quote:The result video won't play past the halfway mark
-> What's the play time at that point ~43min or ~20min?

Does the Vapoursynth Preview show the full clip?

Cu Selur

no it doesnt. 23min
Okay, then the problem is the same that it is in Avisynth. There is no proper source filter which can select parse DVD input and the title you want isn't the first one.
There are a few workarounds for this:
a. repack the DVD with mkvtoolnix or MakeMKV before feeding it to Hybrid.
b. use something like PgcDemux to extract the program chain you want before you reencode it using Hybrid.
c. don't use any Avisynth or Vapoursynth filters (and deinterlacers) this way Hybrid should use mplayer to process the input.

Cu Selur
Shocked 
(14.11.2017, 15:34)hushhush Wrote: Yes I know you like lots of info.
I dont get a crash or anything.
After I convert a dvd_iso to X264
The result video won't play past the halfway mark.. but the audio will.
I am using the deinterlace.
I'll send more info if needed im assuming this is something y'all have heard of before.
Thank you.=)

[Image: shocked.png] No matter how hard I tried, I wasn't able to encode DVD iso to a video with sound, I thought that it was not possible without repacking disk image into mkv. But if it is possible, your problem most likely has to do with it. I recommend to use MakeMKV to repack iso to MKV, should fix an issue.

I also wasn't able to encode DVD iso at all with Avisynth enabled... That's odd.