This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Poll: Would you like to see these features implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Some
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
0%
0 0%
Don't care
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Feature Suggestions Regarding Automatic Filename Generation
(26.11.2017, 18:56)Selur Wrote: Okay, didn't apply it to the values of the encoding settings, doing so now.

Cu Selur

I think you misunderstood, i wasn't asking for that.

I was just 'thinking aloud' about possible applications and problems applying it there would have and how to possibly deal with those... Thus my later suggestion for optional removal of trailing post-decimal-point zeroes, instead.
Quote:Thus my later suggestion for optional removal of trailing post-decimal-point zeroes, instead.
Which isn't a good idea unless you always make sure you use a specific language when using MediaInfo. Wink
German: 1,000 = 1 and 1.000 = 1 000
US: 1.000 = 1 and 1,000 = 1 000
-> letting the user specify replacements is the more generic and saver way. Wink

Cu Selur
(26.11.2017, 20:04)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Thus my later suggestion for optional removal of trailing post-decimal-point zeroes, instead.
Which isn't a good idea unless you always make sure you use a specific language when using MediaInfo. Wink
German: 1,000 = 1 and 1.000 = 1 000
US: 1.000 = 1 and 1,000 = 1 000
-> letting the user specify replacements is the more generic and saver way. Wink
Looks like there might not be a simple fits-all solution to the problem, however having the user specifying replacements here is still the wrong way to go since: 'scenecut-bias=0.05' > 'scenecut-bias=05' if Replacements are ".000%#.00%#.0%".

This is not something the user can themselves address, since they are unable to search for line breaks or word boundaries. Also to remove the excess zeroes in lines like: 'ipratio=1.40 pbratio=1.20 qcomp=0.80' using Replacements, the user would have to list out all possible number combinations one by one as they have no access to wildcards.

Did some experimenting to figure out a RegEx that would work reliably in all likely usage scenarios and here's the result:
Find: ([\.|\,]\d*[^0])0+\b|[\.|\,]0+\b
Replace: $1
Where '[\.|\,]' represents the user-specified decimal separator(s)

So perhaps something like this:
[--ZeroTrim=<decimal separator(s)>]
--ZeroTrim: Removes excess zeroes after user specified decimal separator is detected.
Will think about it,...