This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crop/Resize
Quote:When you said "...this order is not enforced when using Avisynth or Vapoursynth" - did you mean that they don't respect filter order specified in "Misc"?
The the filter order will be respected during the creation of the script, but it is not respected during the calculation of the output width&co.
atm. Hybrid always uses Crop, then rotate, then resize, then letterbox when calculating the output resolution.
I adjusted Hybrids source code to enforce this in the future. I will probably allow changing their order in some point in time, but that isn't so easy and will take quite a while since the interact with each other.

Quote:So, in this case we need somehow calculate and present other required cropping value (in my case vertical 4px) based on Input/Output PARs before resizing.
Don't think there's a decent way to present this properly without loosing people.
Personally I always use crop<resize<letterbox, since I crop everything that is black, then resize to the width/height I want and letterbox if I need a specific resolution since I don't like overcropping.
Side note: another way to make would be to add an additional crop, where the user can crop after resize, but that will probably just make things more complicated.
-> for the foreseeable future, crop<resize<letterbox is the order the filters can and will be used. (ignoring the possibility to overwrite the output resolution)

Cu Selur
(01.11.2020, 00:35)Selur Wrote:
Quote:When you said "...this order is not enforced when using Avisynth or Vapoursynth" - did you mean that they don't respect filter order specified in "Misc"?
The the filter order will be respected during the creation of the script, but it is not respected during the calculation of the output width&co.
atm. Hybrid always uses Crop, then rotate, then resize, then letterbox when calculating the output resolution.
I adjusted Hybrids source code to enforce this in the future. I will probably allow changing their order in some point in time, but that isn't so easy and will take quite a while since the interact with each other.

Quote:So, in this case we need somehow calculate and present other required cropping value (in my case vertical 4px) based on Input/Output PARs before resizing.
Don't think there's a decent way to present this properly without loosing people.
Personally I always use crop<resize<letterbox, since I crop everything that is black, then resize to the width/height I want and letterbox if I need a specific resolution since I don't like overcropping.
Side note: another way to make would be to add an additional crop, where the user can crop after resize, but that will probably just make things more complicated.
-> for the foreseeable future, crop<resize<letterbox is the order the filters can and will be used. (ignoring the possibility to overwrite the output resolution)

Cu Selur
In Vapoursyncth attempt to"Configuration save under current name "  caused multiple error related to filters existence/path.
Ah, I removed some stuff in the dev version version.
I can reproduce the problem.
-> will fix
send you a new link

Cu Selur
Filter view in Vapoursynth throws an error "Couldn't find filters for category: Crop ## Rotation."
Yeah, I made a typo there. Smile
Got no time today, but will look at it tomorrow after work.

Cu Selur
Had a quick look at it, will send you a link to a new version in ~15min.

Cu Selur
With active Crop/Resize:
- attempt to activate/de-activate any Vapoursynth filters with opened "Filterview" window, throws an error
"generateScript-dual:1,crop:1,preview:0,script:0,job:0.
- in Avisynth activation Crop View opens clip preview window instead of Crop window
a. I have never written a CropView for Avisynth like I did for Vapoursynth. So it's normal that the non-Avisynth CropView is opened. (WASD and shift+WASD allow to change the crop borders)
b. can't reproduce this issue at all tried all 'Color', 'Remove-Clocking/Grain/Noise' filters,... -> share details and a debug output and I can look at it this evening after work.

Cu Selur
This time it throws an error "VapourSynth Editor has stop working"