This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multiple issues
I would need a detailed step-by-step what you do to properly reproduce this.

Cu Selur
This happened with another DVD also:
Steps to reproduce:
1.DVD input
2.Select VIDEO_TS folder
3.Audio: "auto add (first) " (in my case AC3)
4.Audio tab: check box "Audio Encoding Option", select PCM
5.Select QTMC de-interlacer
6.Select output: avi/FFvHuff
Run.

Console shows warning:
"Couldn't adjust 2nd pass bitrate..
WARNING from client local, for job 2020-12-11@00_56_50_4810_02_recalc:
-> 2020-12-11@00_56_50_4810_02_recalc produced a warning: Couldn't adjust 2nd pass bitrate..

Output video duration 42 min 4s (original duration 46min 44s) with audio AC3 instead of PCM.
See attached debug.

Things getting even worse now:
If I select "Audio: passthrough all" it still embeds AC3 in to output and doesn't demux and output audios in to separate streams like it did in previous versions
Quote:Steps to reproduce:
1.DVD input
2.Select VIDEO_TS folder
Run.
Not so good,...
from the tool-top of the 'Processing->Audio'-ComboBox:
Quote:...
- auto add (first): enables the Audio-tab, but automatically adds the first input audio stream from the input file to the audi job queue with the settings defined in the Audio-tab.
side notes:
- You can still add additional audio streams in the Audio-tab, unless you use multiple input files.
- This setting will not adjust to changes after loading the source! So configure the Audio-tab before loading your source.
So the order of your steps is wrong to archive what you want.

About the length of the audio streams: This might happen since Avisynth/Vapoursynth can't properly process DVDs and thus stumble over DVD titles with an intro at the end/beginning that they skip or not skip, but mplayer does.
-> will look into that later

Real problem is that there is a '01_44_20_3610_02_recalc' job and there shouldn't be one since Huffyuv doesn't use 2pass or bitrate based encoding.
-> will look at it after work
Problem is this is triggered through one specifc order of steps, which I could reproduce once, but not again so far.
Please reset your defaults and try to reproduce this again with a debug output enabled. Problem is that I can't find the exact steps to reproduce this. Sad

Cu Selur
(14.12.2020, 05:25)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Steps to reproduce:
1.DVD input
2.Select VIDEO_TS folder
Run.
Not so good,...
from the tool-top of the 'Processing->Audio'-ComboBox:
Quote:...
- auto add (first):  enables the Audio-tab, but automatically adds the first input audio stream from the input file to the audi job queue with the settings defined in the Audio-tab.
side notes:
- You can still add additional audio streams in the Audio-tab, unless you use multiple input files.
- This setting will not adjust to changes after loading the source! So configure the Audio-tab before loading your source.
So the order of your steps is wrong to archive what you want.

About the length of the audio streams: This might happen since Avisynth/Vapoursynth can't properly process DVDs and thus stumble over DVD titles with an intro at the end/beginning that they skip or not skip, but mplayer does.
-> will look into that later

Real problem is that there is a '01_44_20_3610_02_recalc' job and there shouldn't be one since Huffyuv doesn't use 2pass or bitrate based encoding.
-> will look at it after work
Problem is this is triggered through one specifc order of steps, which I could reproduce once, but not again so far.
Please reset your defaults and try to reproduce this again with a debug output enabled. Problem is that I can't find the exact steps to reproduce this. Sad

Cu Selur

That's another issue: "So the order of your steps is wrong to archive what you want." - How average user can figure out what steps "wrong", and what's are "right" in order to archive what you want ?
What's wrong with the "debug"  I've attached?
Don't you have DVD drive/DVD in order do testing by yourself?
If so, just let me know and I'll upload some VIDEO_TS folder for your testing.
I got a few DVD folders for testing on my hdd, problem is using the description you used I can not reproduce the issue.
For me no _recalc job is created when FFvHuFF is used. Since I can't reproduce it here I suspect that it's something in your settings, so resetting Hybrid might help.

Quote: How average user can figure out what steps "wrong", and what's are "right" in order to archive what you want ?
What's wrong with the "debug" I've attached?
by reading the tool-tips,..

Cu Selur
I managed to reproduce the problem.
Big Grin
Once I really understand what causes the issue an why it happens I'll send you a new dev link for testing.

Cu Selur
Clean install dev_2020.12.13-15451
3rd DVD
Case 1. No filters, audio:ignore. Result de-interlaced video stream with proper duration 15 min 15sec (I tried QTMC - gives also proper duration)
Case 2. No filters, audio: passthrough all. Result: de-interlaced video stream with wrong duration 13 min 43 sec, console warning "... Couldn't adjust 2nd pass bitrate.....", audio tracks don't get demuxed, AVI consists unwanted AC3.
Think I fixed the
Quote:console warning "... Couldn't adjust 2nd pass bitrate....."
problem, but that isn't the real issue.

Quote:Case 1. No filters, audio:ignore. Result de-interlaced video stream with proper duration 15 min 15sec (I tried QTMC - gives also proper duration)
Case 2. No filters, audio: passthrough all. Result: de-interlaced video stream with wrong duration 13 min 43 sec, console warning "... Couldn't adjust 2nd pass bitrate.....", audio tracks don't get demuxed, AVI consists unwanted AC3.
Case 1:
Video is decoded by Vapoursynth/Avisynth
Case 2:
Video is decoded by Vapoursynth/Avisynth
Audio is extracted using mencoder/mplayer (if, like you wrote the audio didn't get demuxed/extracted then it couldn't end up in the avi Wink)
(Audio doesn't get converted since your audio queue doesn't include the info for Hybrid to do so)

-> This seems to be a problem of mencoder/mplayer and Vapoursynth/Avisynth decoding the files differently
(mencoder/mplayer properly parses the DVD, Vapoursynth and Avisynth don't)
My guess is that the files include an intro or outro which mencoder/mplayer skips, since the dvd structure tells it to, but Vapoursynth/Avisynth doesn't.
Only workaround reliable for this is to process the DVD beforehand with PGCDemux or MakeMKV.

I wrote a workaround for this a while ago which often works if you (assuming yout don't use the chapter selection to restrict what should be processed of the DVD). By enabling 'Audio->Misc->Extract audio using DGIndex' before loading the source, Hybrid will use DGIndex to extract the audio, which should help. Totally forgot about that option; since it only works on Windows and I rarely process DVDs.

=> working on fixing the old workaround

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version where:
a. recalc issue should be fixed
b. the workaround might work (still depends on the DVD); only real workaround for Avisynth&Vapoursynths lacking DVD parsing support is using tools like PgcDemux or MakeMKV.

Cu Selur
Tried to write a similar workaround using d2vwitch instead of DGIndex, but sadly d2vwitch has problems with the audio extraction of a bunch of DVDs I have here. (reported that to the author so may be there will come an option which will also use d2vwitch)

But all in all I would recommend to not use Avisynth/Vapoursynth with DVD input directly.

Cu Selur