This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

x264/x265 encoding threads ?!
Question 
Greetings!

At the moment im far away from my computer.
Well ,the question is that,can i set the number of encoding threads in Hybrid? (x264/265)
Few days ago i just downloaded and installed it,but didnt checked.
(Hybrid look promising. Thanks for your work!)

Waiting for any reply!Smile
Thanks!
In regard of thread control of the encoder itself, Hybrid offers for:
x264:
  • x264->Base->Threads
  • x264->Base->Sliced threads
  • x264->Rate Control->Lookahead threads
for details of those options read the tool-tips and https://github.com/jpsdr/x264/blob/maste...hreads.txt.

x265:
  • x265->Misc->Threading&Co->Pools/Threads
  • x265->Misc->Threading&Co->Frame threads
  • x265->Misc->Threading&Co->Distributed->analysis
  • x265->Misc->Threading&Co->Distributed->motion estimation
  • x265->Misc->Threading&Co->Distributed->Auto enable distributed analysis
for details about those read the tool-tips and the x265 documentation over at https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Personally I usually leave those settings at the 'auto/default' values in Hybrid, but that are the option that Hybrid offers for the x264 and x265 encoder.

Cu Selur
Many thanks,and keep up the good work!
Bye!Smile
both debug outputs you send me show:
2021.01.30 - 22:59:06_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9: BuildInfo could not find 'Frame count' in current video stream!
2021.01.30 - 22:59:07_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9: generatex265Call generated an empty call list.
2021.01.30 - 22:59:08_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9:  videoCalls:
sounds like there was a problem analyzing your input,..
Since analyzing raw .264 video works fine here and your debug outputs don't show the analysis of the source, that's all I can say.

Cu Selur
(31.01.2021, 08:56)Selur Wrote: both debug outputs you send me show:
2021.01.30 - 22:59:06_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9: BuildInfo could not find 'Frame count' in current video stream!
2021.01.30 - 22:59:07_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9: generatex265Call generated an empty call list.
2021.01.30 - 22:59:08_Windows 10 Version 1909 (64bit)_2021.01.29.1 - level 9:  videoCalls:
sounds like there was a problem analyzing your input,..
Since analyzing raw .264 video works fine here and your debug outputs don't show the analysis of the source, that's all I can say.

Cu Selur

I checked the logs at this moment ,too.
I assume u have right.... But why x264 does the job?(same file!)
Quote:But why x264 does the job?(same file!)
What? No clue what that is intended to say.

Please share details.
I have no clue whether there are other error messages that are shown or what settings you are using.
I only know you are trying to convert an .264 file to .265 with x265 and that fails because the analysis of your input fails.
That analysis should already report the missing 'Frame count' entry.

Cu Selur
shazzla Wrote:Ohhh... Sorry.

And if i leave x265's setting on "stock default/as you coded it",then everythings fine!
In short: cant change Profile...
Btw i use it with the RunAsAdmin/.ini mode.
What do you press when you 'change Profile'?
If you are loading an a/v profile, load a global profile or reset the defaults then this is as expected since those should be done before loading a source, since they overwrite part of the source info.

Cu Selur
Ps.: just checked some code Hybrid does redo the analysis of the source when a global profile is loaded, it doesn't when an a/v profile is loaded. I could add code so that Hybrid also redoes the analysis in that case too, but I still don't know what your are doing so I don't know if that would fix your issue.
Ok. From the beginning:
Dev version of Hybrid. Did a clean install. Only runasadmin was changed.
Loaded the h264 stream.
x264 encoding:
I can freely change anything like preset(normal,slow,slower,subme,quantization,level,etc)
I can apply it,i can see the change on the lower part of the window. Resulted encoding is ok.

x265 encoding:
But when i exactly do this with the SAME FILE (change preset to SLOW from the default,press the black arrow... O
K, Hybrid accepts it without any error msg.
And now adding this job to queue or directly starts : see the LOGS...
I dont know why.Sad

Hope you understand it...
Okay, then create a debug output like described in the sticky (which captures everything after you started Hybrid and set the output), so that it includes:
a. the analysis of the source
b. whatever you do afterwards.

Cu Selur
ASAP.
Maybe afternoon..
@work