This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Saving Configuration for all settings
(19.02.2021, 06:29)Selur Wrote: Correct.
Cropping, letterboxing, resizing is done under 'Crop/Resize'. 'Filtering->Avisynth/Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize' allows to overwrite the resizer choice.

Cu Selur

I am getting in to it.
But still getting mixed results with the Configuration/Global profile saving.
I understood that X264/Base/Restriction setting: Preset, since the command line is the same - applying the preset doesn't make sense.
But this is the problem, my workflow:
Starting Hybrid, applying Apply Global profile, that I saved from the previous session, loading/opening a video file that I need to process. All X264/Frames Settings, Max number of ref frames, Min/Max GOP size are OK as from previous session. Now I need to use X264/Base/Restriction setting and change that innocent Preset from None to Medium. I go to X264/Frame, to check if settings still the same, it is all good. But if I go back X264/Base/Restriction setting and press that Arrow pointing left in front of Preset, it changes X264/Frame Settings/Max number of ref frames, Min/Max GOP size.
So basically I apply Global profile and think/trust that all settings are OK, as soon as press that arrow, its crews up the X264/Frame Settings. The global is not global anymore. I know I might sound picky/stupid, but I am here to learn. I like that tool, need to get in to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving Configuration for all settings - by Rokoko33 - 19.02.2021, 07:23