This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

encoded ASS subtitle into video by Hybrid got a different effect with original
the text shadow blur effect is not the same, upper is original ASS file in video, below is encoded ASS subtitle into video by Hybrid
[Image: GxmXcO8DQ9jdyVA.jpg]

i don't know why and what caused, i use these step to encode:

• Enabled the Subtitle-tab if the source didn't have subtitles in it. (Base->Subtitle)

• Import the subtitle (Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Subtitle file)

• Enable 'Subtitle->Import->Subtitle Import->Embed subtitle in frame'

• Add the the current subtitle with the setting on how to process them to the Subtitle-Queue (Subtitle->Subtitle Queue->add current subtitle ...)
My guess is that the ass subtitle is embedded through a method that (unlike your player) doesn't support the shadow effect.

Depending on your other settings, Hybrid either uses: Would need a debug output of the job creation to know what method was used.

Additionally if you can share a subtitle file (with the fonts it depends on) or a small sample file which includes the subtitles and the fonts I can look into it.
I'm not even sure there is a method that supports the complete current .ass specification.

Cu Selur
(21.02.2021, 19:43)Selur Wrote: My guess is that the ass subtitle is embedded through a method that (unlike your player) doesn't support the shadow effect.

Depending on your other settings, Hybrid either uses: Would need a debug output of the job creation to know what method was used.

Additionally if you can share a subtitle file (with the fonts it depends on) or a small sample file which includes the subtitles and the fonts I can look into it.
I'm not even sure there is a method that supports the complete current .ass specification.

Cu Selur

yeah, i don't know which renderer was used, i made ass file with Aegisub, maybe VSFilterMod?

here is what i create sample files for you, 33MB, thanks
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

and i also tried make ass file to sup firstly, then encoded sup subtitle into video with Hybrid for test, the blur effect result is correct, no problem.
but encode ass into video directly occurs this different effect problem.
Quote:yeah, i don't know which renderer was used, i made ass file with Aegisub, maybe VSFilterMod?
That's why I wrote:
Quote:Would need a debug output of the job creation to know what method was used.

Opened the sample in MPC-HC and there the subtitle also has no shadow. Tongue
Vapoursynth Preview, properly shows the subtitles with shadow.
Avisynth Preview, properly shows the subtitles with shadow.
->Enabling Config->Internals->Avisynth->Always use Avisynth should help.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll also send you a link in a ~15min minutes via PM which allows to fix this by enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth'.
(21.02.2021, 20:32)Selur Wrote:
Quote:yeah, i don't know which renderer was used, i made ass file with Aegisub, maybe VSFilterMod?
That's why I wrote:
Quote:Would need a debug output of the job creation to know what method was used.

Opened the sample in MPC-HC and there the subtitle also has no shadow.  Tongue
Vapoursynth Preview, properly shows the subtitles with shadow.
Avisynth Preview, properly shows the subtitles with shadow.
->Enabling Config->Internals->Avisynth->Always use Avisynth should help.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I'll also send you a link in a ~15min minutes via PM which allows to fix this by enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth'.

thank you for new dev version, after installed, i'm encoding a new MP4 file by enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth', to test

and BTW, this area under x264 - base tab has a little problem on my computer
[Image: phoA5adRmsPSElL.jpg]

and when encoding, the Hybrid icon in the taskbar should have a green progress bar state, but the new version didn't
[Image: oxK72ODhMBnmRb6.jpg]
Quote:and BTW, this area under x264 - base tab has a little problem on my computer
I don't the the problem,...
(21.02.2021, 21:29)Selur Wrote:
Quote:and BTW, this area under x264 - base tab has a little problem on my computer
I don't the the problem,...

maybe the windows scale cause? i don't know

i'm win10 x64 v1809, 4K resolution, using a custom 140% system scale. you can try to see if any problem.

and the encoding has done. after installed new dev version, and by enabling 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Always use Vapoursynth' this setting,

the most new encoded MP4 file seems no any changes, still wrong blur effect, as the same as the below part:
Works fine here.
Did you recreate the job or use the old job? (job needs to be recreated, otherwise the setting do not have any effect)
The sub-jobs for that job should contains a _create job where the Vapoursynth script is created,..

Cu Selur

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21.02.2021, 21:55)Selur Wrote: Works fine here.
Did you recreate the job or use the old job? (job needs to be recreated, otherwise the setting do not have any effect)
The sub-jobs for that job should contains a _create job where the Vapoursynth script is created,..

Cu Selur

no, the thumbnail you showed is the wrong blur effect. means you there got a wrong blur effect too.

and you open the ass file i shared with you, you can see the correct blur level is {\blur4}, and you can edit to {\blur12}, increase to get the wrong blur effect.

encoding ass into video directly gets the MP4 effect, is looked like the {\blur12} blur level in ASS, not the correct {\blur4} level.

in this pic, the upper part is the correct blur effect, is what i want. the below part is the wrong effect after encoding ASS directly into video with Hybrid.

and your attached thumbnail is not right, but the wrong blur effect. the blur effect seems too large.
Doesn't look like the upper of your screenshots but the lower one,...  Huh
-> Check the "Vapoursynth Preview"  (Filtering lower right corner)
here's a larger view:

When I change the blur to blur12 the blur is larger,...

-> looks fine to me,...

Cu Selur