This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Timecode Problem with Cut Support
The sent dev version worked! Testing other cuts I remember making that errored, so far they have all worked and properly cut!
Thank you!

It also seems to have fixed the x264>Quantization>Quantizer Max value that gets its max value stuck to just 51, workaroundable by changing to High10 then back but the bug survives even a saving of current x264 setting, that I mentioned in another thread.

=============================
Ramblings now:
I got worried that maybe that 240-820 Cut that I thought I used for the sample I posted wouldn't work, but after testing it myself in the old 2021.01.31 it worked; so that 240-820 Cut I mentioned wasn't even one of the derpy cuts.
But it was fixed anyway. Phew.

I tried resetting the job that had the failed result with the dev version, and it still failed. This made me rethink/understand more how the jobs were dealt with...
As I see it, any job made under (for example) v2021.01.31 will have the bugs of that version, even if that job is processed in a newer fixed version.
Attached debugs just for reference.
[attachment=1352]

(14.03.2021, 12:36)Selur Wrote: => Seems like cut support does not properly work with vfr content.
Dropping the time codes (in case they are not needed) or encoding to cfr should help.

I was hoping to preserve any VFR-like timeshift that OBS might have recorded in the video.
Though right; no sense in getting the timecodes if the source is already CFR anyway; in this case like the OBS recording sample.

(14.03.2021, 12:36)Selur Wrote: 2021-0314 0220-13ArpieL zerocut & cut off HybridDebugOutput
->
Encoding produced: 1079 frames
Timecode file contains: 1077 frames

Probably not related to the timecode and produced encoding frames at all, but this reminded me (and low priority, if it doesn't affect anything major).
There's I think an inconsistency in the displayed number of frames in the video stats, and the maximum mentioned in the max number of frames in the Cut.
Using the same given sample, the Video stat reads 1079, but the max I can put in the End Cut is 1078 (natural numbers vs integers, I thought). When I put 820 in the End Cut though (still 0 at Start Cut), the video stats' frame count reads 820 instead of like 821.

I got curious. Experimenting further, when I enter 1019, it reads 1019. With 1020 however, the video stats reads 1079. From 1020 to 1078, the video stats read 1079. This is a 60fps video.
Trying other videos, a 30fps 300-frame video was able to output the frames the same as whatever I put in it.
Meanwhile with a 30fps 44789-frame video, the video stats only changed down to 44759 (44760 to 44789 in End Cut all read 44789). With Start & End Cuts at 20 and 44779 respectively (=30), stat reads 44759; at 20 and 44780, stat reads 44789.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timecode Problem with Cut Support - by Lloyd Dunamis - 14.03.2021, 19:33