This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Waifu2x Resulting in crash
Hybrid version: Win64 2017.10.05.1 Vapoursynth

What happened: Crashed while attempting to encode. Vapoursynth preview also does not work.

What did I do to get the bug: Attempt to use waifu2x resizing on any video. I first encountered it while trying to encode a DVD, but I also tested other files and the result is the same. If I choose to downscale the problem does not happen (no surprise :| ).

This is the script:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
import ctypes
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("Support/fmtconv.dll")
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/Waifu2x/Waifu2x-w2xc.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Loading X:\!!!temp\[HorribleSubs] Kiznaiver - 10 [1080p].mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="X:/!!!temp/_3E47R~N.MKV", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# Making sure input color range is set to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# resizing to 2800x1576
# adjusting bit depth to 32bit
clip = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clip=clip,bits=32)
# resizing using Waifu2x
clip = core.w2xc.Waifu2x(clip=clip, scale=2, noise=1, block=512, photo=False, processor=-1, gpu=1)
# adjusting resizing
clip = core.fmtc.resample(clip=clip, w=2800, h=1576, kernel="lanczos", interlaced=False, interlacedd=False)
# adjusting bit depth back to 16bit
clip = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clip=clip,bits=16)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P16 to YUV420P8
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8)
# Output
clip.set_output()

Vapoursynth gives me following error:

Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1810, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript (src\cython\vapoursynth.c:36455)
 File "C:\Users\mmokk\AppData\Local\Temp\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile00_40_44_540.vpy", line 6, in <module>
   Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("Support/fmtconv.dll")
 File "ctypes\__init__.py", line 422, in LoadLibrary
 File "ctypes\__init__.py", line 344, in __init__
OSError: [WinError 126] The specified module could not be found

I performed a clean installation of hybrid two times, with "delete user settings". I also checked if fmtconv.dll is in the directory (it is).

The debug log is in the attachment.

Hope you can help
Will look into it. Thanks for reporting, I never use Waifux2 since it's way to slow and seems only to be useful for anime content.
I can reproduce the issue here. Smile
-> will report back once I figured out what's causing this.

Cu Selur
Got it! The way ffmconv was loaded was wrong due to a small typo.
Will send you a link to a dev version via PM. (simply extract the content of the download into your Hybrid folder)

Cu Selur
(10.12.2017, 09:40)Selur Wrote: Got it! The way ffmconv was loaded was wrong due to a small typo.
Will send you a link to a dev version via PM. (simply extract the content of the download into your Hybrid folder)

Cu Selur

Thanks for quick reaction, but this version also seems to have a problem. This time I'm unable to get an error directly from vapoursynth, the window does not even appear when I click "preview". It's working fine without the Waifu2x, as well as with other resizers, so I assume this is a correlated issue. As for encoding I'm getting a CRASHED at encoding step.

This time I only have the debug output.
If the preview already doesn't work it would have been nice to have a debug output of the preview,...

Vapoursynth script used during encoding seems fine:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/Waifu2x/Waifu2x-w2xc.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/vsfilters/SourceFilter/LSmashSource/vslsmashsource.dll")
# Loading X:\!!!temp\[HorribleSubs] Kiznaiver - 10 [1080p].mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="X:/!!!temp/_3E47R~N.MKV", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 709
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709")
# Making sure input color range is set to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# resizing to 2888x1626
# adjusting bit depth to 32bit
clip = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clip=clip,bits=32)
# resizing using Waifu2x
clip = core.w2xc.Waifu2x(clip=clip, scale=2, noise=1, block=512, photo=True, processor=-1, gpu=1)
# adjusting resizing
clip = core.fmtc.resample(clip=clip, w=2888, h=1626, kernel="lanczos", interlaced=False, interlacedd=False)
# adjusting bit depth back to 16bit
clip = core.fmtc.bitdepth(clip=clip,bits=16)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P16 to YUV420P8 for x264Model (i420)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P8)
# Output
clip.set_output()
and the encoding call:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\VAPOUR~1\vspipe.exe" "C:\Users\mmokk\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_15_06_18_3210.vpy" - --y4m | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\x264.exe" --qp 18 --profile high --direct auto --partitions i4x4,p8x8,b8x8 --no-fast-pskip --subme 5 --trellis 0 --weightp 1 --sar 1:1 --non-deterministic --range tv --colormatrix bt709 --demuxer y4m  --fps 2381000/100000 --output "C:\Users\mmokk\AppData\Local\Temp\15_06_18_3210_04.264" -
also looks fine.
Still there seems to be a problem with the color space, since x264 crashes due to:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic

-> can't reproduce this here, need a small sample of the source that you are using to reproduce this here.

Cu Selur
Think I found the problem.
There was a bug related to the 'Photo' option, since Waifu2x then requires RGB input.
-> think I fixed it, will send you a PM with a link to a dev version for testing

Cu Selur
This version seems to be working just fine using the default settings. I'm off my encoding rig and tested on a laptop, but I assume this problem is fixed. I am having the encode crash when using opencl. This is on intel graphics though (HD4400), so I understand that this might not be programs fault. Opencl seems to be working fine in other cases though, avisynth scripts that used opencl worked just fine. I also had no problem using standalone waifu2x opencl.

In the log I'm getting a similar error:
y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
I agree this doesn't look like a bug in Hybrid.
Tried on my system and there forcing OpenCL doesn't cause a crash, so it's probably a driver issue.
-> Try whether updating the CPU drivers for your CPU/GPU helps.

Cu Selur